Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone, the ‘Rocky Balboa’ of Hollywood born on 6th of July, 1946 recently entered into age of 70’s. This golden globe award winner has shown the world that age is no barrier for him, as even at this age he maintains a physique that stands unmatched in the industry. Stallone is a huge fan of Everton FC and maintains a keen interest in English football.
This ‘Expendables’ star owing to his amazingly fit physique insists on doing his own stunts in his movies and frequently ridicules the idea of a body double. As insane as it may sound, the physically demanding roles have landed the star in quite a lot of trouble. Stallone has suffered countless injuries throughout his career but this has never been enough to break his spirit.
Stallone, for the whole of his career has maintained a bulky physique and has promoted some very intensive workout regimes like his infamous ‘Dragon Fly’ for working out abs.
What are John Rambo’s current body stats?
- Height: 1.79 m (5’9”)
- Weight: 185 lbs (84 kg)
- Chest: 44 inches (112 cm)
- Waist: 39” inches (99 cm)
- Biceps: 17 inches (44 cm)
Maintaining these amazing body stats at this age isn’t child play. It requires enormous amounts of dedication and commitment.
Stallone who has had a very tough start to his glamorous career has faced many challenges that made him hit rock bottom.
Being a struggling actor, he had many doors shut on him and many people trying to crush his dreams. Despite all these downfalls, today the same man who had to sleep on the streets and had to sell his dog just because he couldn’t afford to feed it, is one of the most renowned names in the Hollywood hall of fame with a net worth more than $400 Million.
Stallone has been a role model to many actors over the decades, rightly so, because more than often, his name has comes up with the likes of those who are ‘Self Made’.
Let us now try and unravel the star’s workout regime which he has maintained rigorously throughout his four-decade long career. Following is the New York born legend’s seven-day workout routine. His routine is divided into two sessions spread across seven days of the week. One is the morning session followed by an equally intense afternoon session.
DAY 1,3,5 – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Morning: Chest and Abs
- 4 sets of incline bench press of 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of dumbbell flys of 10-12reps
- 5 sets of close grip bench press of 6-8 reps
- 6 sets of wide grip chin ups of 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of bent over one arm dumbbell raises of 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of raised leg crunches of 8-10 reps
- 3 sets of seated extension of 8-10 reps
Afternoon: Shoulders and Arms
- Military Press (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Side Lateral Raises (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Bent-over Dumbbell-Flys (5 sets, 6-8 reps)
- Barbell Curls (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Seated Incline-dumbbell-curls (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Concentration Curls (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Lying Dumbbell-raises (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Bent-over One-arm Lateral Raises (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Cable Pull Downs (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Alternate Leg Raise (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Decline Bench Sit-ups (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Oblique Crunches (3 sets, 6-8 reps)
DAY 2,4,6 – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- 4 sets of seated calf raises of 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of standing calf raises of 10-12 reps
- 5 sets of barbell standing calf alternating raises of 8-12 reps
- 4 sets of incline leg press of 8-10 press
- 4 sets of squats of 8-10 press
- 4 sets of seated leg extensions of 8-10 reps
- 4 sets of ham string curls of 10-12 reps
- 4 sets of leg extensions of 10-12 reps
- 4 sets of stiff leg dead left of 10-12 reps
Afternoon: Rear Deltoids, Traps, Abs
- Bent-over Dumbbell Rear-Delt Raise (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Cable Crossovers (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Reverse Pec-deck Flyes (5 sets, 8-12 reps)
- Barbell Shrugs-front (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Barbell Upright-rows (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Flat-bench Cable-rows to Neck (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Ab Crunch (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Oblique Crunches (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Cable Crunch (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
DAY 7 – Sunday
- Two hours of jogging
- Rope skipping
Stallone believes in hitting the gym every day and works out for 1-2 hours on a daily basis. Given the fact that he isn’t getting any younger, maintaining that amount of muscle in the body is a humongous task. Building a ripped physique is only half the battle won, maintaining it is equally taxing. He truly is an inspiration to the millennial generation as he effortlessly portrays how one can maintain a balance between work and physical fitness.
Only working out regularly isn’t all, the superstar also follows an equally strict diet to maintain his Greek god-like physique. Experts have said that physical training only contributes to 20% of your body transformation, the rest depends solely on how strict your diet is.
Stallone knows this to be true and hence follows a very strict diet plan. He believes in muscle gain and fat loss because of which his diet plan is similar to that of a bodybuilder comprising high levels of proteins and carbohydrates. Following is Sylvester Stallone’s diet routine.
- Pre-Breakfast – A glass of amino
- Breakfast – 3 egg whites, half yoke, oatmeal, toasted pumpernickel bread, fresh papaya
- Lunch – Fish and brown rice, whole grains, vegetables, broiled skinless chicken
- Dinner – Salad, broiled fish, high-fibre toasted bread
Adding to a strict diet, Stallone does not consume alcohol as he believes it would come in the way of his bodybuilding. He also usually listens to music when he works out and recommends it to everyone one who aspires to become like him.
As said by Stallone, “I am not the richest, smartest or the most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going”. Stallone believes that a great body cannot be achieved without handwork and hence advice all his followers to never lose hope and keep working towards their goals.
Being a gym-enthusiast, writing on matters of fitness and health comes naturally to him. You can mostly find him listening to classic rock or watching football.
Latest posts by Shubhankar Kamat (see all)
- Outdoor Activities that are Alternative of GYM to keep you Fit and in Good Shape - September 14, 2017
- Zac Efron Fitness Workout Routine and Diet Plan for Muscular Physique and Handsome Body - August 30, 2017
- Difference Between Curd and Yogurt; Health Benefits of Yogurt - August 29, 2017