- The Ultimate Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin: Tips and Product Recommendations
- Recovery Techniques for Athletes: Optimizing Rest for Improved Performance
- An Essential Guide To Revamping Your Diet And Eating Habits
- The Science Behind Heated Tobacco Sticks: Understanding the Benefits and Risks
- The Secrets to Ageless Beauty: Unveiling the World of Facial Enhancements
Last Updated on September 29th, 2020
Are you finding difficulty in conceiving? Despite your constant efforts and medical assistance, are you still struggling to conceive? If this seems like your problem, it’s probably time you take up the curative practice of yoga. In addition to healing your body, mind and soul, Yoga can boost fertility and help ensure that the good news comes knocking on your doors without any trouble and that you get pregnant faster.
Yoga is a wonderful practice to build on if you’re looking to boost fertility, maintain your overall health and looking for ways to conceive faster. Yoga poses to boost fertility enhance blood flow and circulation by developing your body’s flexibility, enabling better perfusion to the reproductive tracts and increasing the chances of conception.
There are certain Yoga Poses you can do to promote the flow of blood to the reproductive system and increase fertility using yoga. Several studies have proven that practicing yoga – even as little as 30 minutes everyday can help women to relax and improve the chances of conceiving.
You can check out the below posted “yoga poses” video for better understand.
Here are 10 effective yoga poses to help you get pregnant faster and boost fertility.
Baddha Konasana or Butterfly Pose
Popularly known as the ‘Butterfly Pose’ since the movement of the legs during the posture resembles that of a butterfly flapping its wings. Focusing on the legs, genitals, hip area and inner thighs, this yoga pose is the perfect antidote to stretch the muscles of the legs and boost fertility. This bound angle pose helps you relax your body and mind, release tension around the hip area, improve flexibility and provide comfort to your tired feet.
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat with your spine straight and legs stretched in front of you.
- Bend your knees, bringing your legs inside so that the soles of your feet are clasped together. Make sure your feet are as close to your pelvic region as possible. You can hold your toes with your hands if that makes you comfortable.
- Now breathe normally and just like a butterfly flaps its wings , move your knees and thighs up and down. Feel the stretch in the pelvic area and inner thighs.
- Gradually increase or slow down the speed.
- Practice this asana for 1-2 minutes as you normally inhale and exhale.
- Extend your legs straight and return to the original position.
- Try not to do this yoga pose if suffering from any groin or knee injury or have cardiac problems or high blood pressure.
Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Fold
This is a forward bend asana that stretches your lower back, hips and hamstrings and is very useful to boost fertility in women. It covers the stretching of the entire body and works wonders for your dorsal muscles of the back. It vitalizes the ovaries and uterus, relieves stress and depression and boost fertility to get pregnant faster and ensure a smooth delivery if practiced regularly.
- Sit on your yoga mat with your legs stretched and toes pointing towards you.
- Place your forearms on the thighs.
- Next, inhale and stretch your arms and raise them over your head. Hold on for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually bend forward keeping your spine straight and try touching the sides of your feet as you exhale. Try bringing your head forward to come in contact with your knees.
- Count till 10 while you hold your breath in this position.
- Inhale and get back to the starting position by bringing your body upright and placing your arms stretched out on your thighs.
- Try not to do this yoga pose in case you have abdominal ulcers, asthma, diarrhea or slipped disc conditions.
Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand
This yoga pose balances the whole body on your shoulders while influencing the functioning of all other parts of the body. It is highly efficient in calming the mind, relieving stress, improving digestion and stimulating the thyroid gland, the dysfunction of which can lead to infertility. It opens up your shoulders and neck, and strengthens your legs, hips and abs.
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched out on the floor, arms by your sides and palms facing up.
- Now gradually raise your legs up to form a 90-degree angle with the support of your palms. While you do so, press the floor with your palms to raise your waist and legs upward.
- Hold the position for 30-40 seconds. Repeat the asana for 5-7 sets based on your level of comfort.
- Gradually bring your legs to the original position and place your hands on the ground, to rest your entire body parallel to the floor.
- Try not to do this yoga pose in case you have a headache, high blood pressure, neck injury or menstrual problems. Also, avoid doing it during the menstrual period.
Viparita Karani or Legs Up The Wall
This yoga pose is also called the Inverted Lake Pose and is proven to relieve tension from the lower part of the body by improving the flow of blood to the pelvic area. It provides a nice stretch on the hamstrings and lower back, making it one of the best ways to conceive faster. It is useful in directing the blood flow to various parts of your body that require it and stimulates the endocrine and lymphatic systems in a gentle and restorative way
- Lie on the mat with your buttocks placed against the wall. Stretch your back and legs straight. You can choose to put a soft cushion or folded blanket under the hips to elevate the pelvis.
- Gradually extend your legs up to 90 degrees, and hold them straight against the wall. Relax your arms by your sides.
- Breathe normally as you remain in this pose. Perform the asana for at least 5-8 times.
- Do not practice this pose during your periods or if you have high blood pressure or any severe eye problems such as glaucoma.
Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
One of the best yoga poses to boost fertility by increasing blood supply to your pelvic region. Bhujangasana also strengthens the spine, effectively stretches the chest and the back, shoulders, and abdomen and alleviates stress and fatigue.
- Lie on your yoga mat facing down. Place your arms on the floor under your shoulders and spread your legs close to each other.
- Inhale and lift your upper body including your chest slowly by applying pressure of your hands. Stretch your back as far as it is comfortable.
- Remain in this pose for around 30 seconds and get back to the normal position as you exhale gently.
- Try not to do this asana if you have any injury in arms or shoulders or lower back.
Setu Bandhasana or Bridge Pose
The yoga pose resembles the shape of a bridge and requires you to raise your pelvic region and keep the spine flexible, while improving blood circulation and energy to the ovaries and uterus and vitalizing the thyroid gland.
- Lie down comfortably on your back keeping your knees bent and your feet together flat on the floor, slightly apart. Keep your arms by your side and your palms facing up.
- Now as you exhale, press your lower back to the floor and try forming an arch by lifting your tailbone and curling your spine and buttocks off the ground. While you do so, balance your body on your arms.
- Try to stay in the position for 10-15 seconds. Gently loosen up your body and bring it back to the ground.
- Avoid doing this asana if you are facing knee pain, backache or any back or shoulder injury.
This standing forward bend is the best ways to stretch your back muscles, thereby releasing stress from the abdominal region and improving the blood flow to the nervous system and pelvic area.
- Stand on your yoga mat with your legs close to each other.
- Inhale and raise your arms raised over the head.
- Now as you exhale, gradually bend your body forward in a way that your back stretches as much as possible. Try touching the sides of your toes with your hands. Try not to bend your knees while doing it.
- Hold the pose for 40-50 seconds and get back up slowly.
- Try not to do this if you have any lower back injuries, cervical pain, spinal or back problems.
Kapalbhati is one of the most popular yoga poses and acts as one of the potent ways to conceive faster. It calms your mind and rejuvenates you so that your stress levels are lowered drastically, making you more positive.
- Sit comfortably on your yoga mat keeping your eyes closed and back upright.
- Inhale deeply through your nose and try to exhale forcefully making sure that your stomach goes inside as you do so.
- Make sure there is no pain in your stomach, lungs and chest when you exhale.
- Perform this asana for 5-10 minutes every day, preferably on empty stomach.
Dandasana is another yoga pose which you can practice to correct your posture and strengthen the back muscles, the hamstrings and the core. This pose is very effective in energizing your body and helps improve fertility.
- Sit down comfortably with on your mat your legs stretched in front of you and toes pointing towards the ceiling.
- Place your palms next to your hips on the ground and keep your spine upright.
- Now gently lower your shoulders while keeping your neck straight and chin leveled and focused on a distant point.
- Stay in this position for at least a minute.
Malasana or Squat or Garland pose
This yoga pose opens up the hips and groin, tones the pelvis and stimulates your metabolism multi fold. It is one of the more helpful exercise to boost fertility and also one that aids in facile and less painful delivery when the actual time arrives.
- With your feet parallel and separated wider than the hip area, exhale and make a squat position while flexing your knees as much as you can.
- Place your elbows on your inner thighs and join your palms.
- Make sure your knees and the feet point in the same direction.
- If you find difficulty placing your heels flat against the floor, use small rolled-up blanket or cushions beneath them for support.
- Stay put in this position for 30-40 seconds, and slowly get back to normal position.
- Do not do this asana if you are suffering from knee or hip pain or lower back problems.
You can find the yoga pose “How to do” here :-
If you’re trying to get pregnant, it can seem like a racking battle as you wait for that positive sign on the pregnancy test. Yoga can act as that magic solution to improve ovarian health and an effective way to alleviate stress and boost fertility.
The above yoga poses are great ways to conceive faster. These improve blood flow to the reproductive organs and the hormonal glands and reduce tension in the abdominal area. Make sure you do not over exert yourself as well. You should be comfortable while practicing these poses to boost fertility. Remain stable with a deep and calm breath as you reconnect with your beautiful, powerful life-creating body.
Also, checkout our pregnancy guide to know everything that yous should keep in mind during and post pregnancy.
Stay Healthy! Stay Fit!
- Best Yoga Poses to Increase Breast Size – Breast Enlargement - July 8, 2020
- 10 Best Yoga Poses for Women to Boost Fertility - June 21, 2020
- 10 Best Home Exercises To Get a Beach Body - June 15, 2020