- German Hospitals Guide: How to Choose the Right Healthcare Institution
- Take Your Skincare Business To The Next Level By Coordinating With A Private Skin Care Company
- The Myths, Risks, and Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery
- The Benefits of a Chipped Teeth Crown Dentist Eugene Oregon
- Phenocal Review: Is this a Legit Weight Loss Supplement?
Being one of the most common digestive problems, Constipation is something we can all relate to – a discomfort in passing stool, its decreased frequency, and it is often accompanied by feeling bloated and having abdominal pain. It may last only a day, or several weeks. Largely harmless, it is usually easy to bring back the bowel movement on track.
Looking at the common causes of constipation will make clear the cures – for that’s the cause and effect linkage! Common causes include: inadequate water consumption, unbalanced diet – lacking fibre, reduced physical activity, our sedentary lifestyle itself. At time constipation may be the side effect of medication, or even a symptom of poor mental health. Conditions like diabetes, pregnancy and thyroid glands’ functioning too impact constipation. Periods of change like travelling, varied meal times combined with limited toilet availability may also trigger constipation.
Simple ways to Cure Constipation within the Convenience of our homes:
- Water, Water, Water :
Drink a lot of water. Drink till you feel like a fish! Specifically, a glass of water, preferably warm, first thing upon waking up is the best antidote to constipation. May add lemon and honey to the warm water for even better effects.
- Healthy Diet :
A well balanced diet with fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes and other fibre rich foods. What goes in gets out. By being cognizant of our food intake, we automatically take care of our full digestion cycle, including excretion.
3. Exercise :
If the lack of exercise is a contributory factor to constipation, both logic and research show that exercise is helpful to alleviate it. Regular walking/stretching/yoga/anything basic or complex that moves the body helps massage the intestines and keeps the digestive system functioning.
- Specific foods that help :
- Here are some foods that may be given specifically for toddlers- prunes/prune juice, apple juice, raisin water. Since constipation is frequent among toddlers, it a recommended to give the child an anti-constipation food even if a single bowel movement is missed. That way the problem, at all, can be nipped in the bud.
- Guava is one of the fruit that is actually the best fruit to help relieve constipation.
- Foods rich in probiotics, like yogurt. Have a bowlful of yogurt; its healthy is all respects.
- Add garlic and onion to your meals, as they have prebiotic fibre. They add much desirable flavour too.
- Avoid dairy, like cow’s milk.
- Olive oil. Best to take a spoonful of olive oil empty stomach. Castor oil also helps, though that does not taste so good.
- Lemon-water, preferably warm water.
- Prefer wholegrain to white flour. In fact, avoid all processed foods, processed white sugar and foods overly refined in factories. Foods grown on farms will always do more good that those made in factories.
- Aloe Vera. May consume two spoons of its gel or a cup of its juice.
- Baking soda. Mix a teaspoon full of baking soda to ¼ cup of water (preferably warm) and drink it quickly.
- Epsom Salt. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt (for adults) or ½ teaspoon (for children) in a cup of water or juice and drink it.
- Herbal laxatives from the medical store.
- Flax seeds and Chia seeds are natures answer to many a problem. They may be added to almost whatever we eat – salad, soup, vegetable. Or simply eat a spoonful of flax seeds or its powder. Chia seeds may be added to drinking water too! That’s as easy as it can get…
- Cloves, peppermint, wormseed, Thyme oil powder, Turkey Rhubarb are some of the lesser common foods which help a alleviate constipation.
- Coffee!! Yes, up to two cups of coffee a day can help. Go, get your cuppa now.
- Use Acupressure if under pressure :
Use your thumb to apply pressure at the place four finger-widths above the wrist towards the back of the forearm. Two minutes of this pressure per day might turn out to be the most pressure relieving in the full day!
- Try a Squatting position v/s a sitting position in the toilet :
You may put a stool under your feet if using a Western toilet, or use an Indian styled toilet for the easy exit passage for the stool. No wonder that’s how our ancestors got it right!
- Light Regular Meals :
After lunch rest a while, and after dinner walk a mile!
- Last but not the least :
Attend to natures call promptly. When the body signals it, go do it!
Above mentioned are the tried and tested methods that have actually help get a relief from constipation every now and then to me and my family. If you have any questions, kindly write down in the comments section below or if you have any other natural way that has worked for you, then also you may share with us.
Follow Nature…!! Stay Healthy…!!