- 10 Best Skin Doctor in Gwalior | List of Best Dermatologist in Gwalior
- Top 10 Best Neurologist in Gurgaon | List of Best Neurosurgeon
- Best Neurologists in Bangalore | List of Top Neurologists
- Top 10 Best Neurologist in Chennai | List of Top Neurosurgeons
- Top 10 Best Gynecologist in Mumbai | Obstetrician in Mumbai
Last Updated on August 18th, 2020
We often come across a common problem of stomach ache in women especially after having intercourse. Today in our article we will be talking about 8 main factors that can be a reason for this intercourse pain and what should be done in such cases of stomach ache. Severity of pain may differ from person to person but we would suggest to see a doctor even if its mild.
Listed Below are Common Reasons for Stomach Ache after Intercourse
Deep penetration during pregnancy can cause abdominal pain. So if you feel pain every time right after having intercourse, take a pregnancy test and rule out this possibility to diagnose further. But do visit your gynecologist even then. See if you have any other problem that we have listed down that may also be the possible explanation for stomach ache after intercourse.
It is a disorder in which tissues forming lining of your uterus grows outside the uterine cavity, in other parts of body like ovaries, bowel and lining of pelvic. It can be caused due to hormonal changes during menstruation cycle. Tissues thicken, breakdown and get stored in your pelvic area when they have nowhere else to go. Unbearable pain during menstruation and stomach ache during or after intercourse are two major symptoms of Endometriosis.
Cure: You can take pain killers to reduce the pain, but we would suggest visiting a gynecologist if the pain persists. In most of the cases, this can be cured using medicines and hormonal therapies, but a few cases might require surgery. It is important to take timely measures in such cases of intercourse pain.
These are fluid-filled sacs or pockets in an ovary or on its surface. Our ovaries produce functional cyst every month. This cyst is responsible for production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone and release an egg when you ovulate. There are other non-functional/harmful cyst that ovaries can produce, and you should be careful about those.
A broken cyst can cause internal bleeding and sever pain, stomach ache. Nausea and vomiting are also observed. It can cause pelvic pain. some people feel bloating and heaviness in abdomen.
Monitor your period cycle and visit a doctor if you notice irregularity or intercourse pains for some time.
Urinary Tract Infection:
Urinary tract infection (UTI) can cause a burning or stinging pain in abdomen. This kind of stomach ache or pain after intercourse is mostly experienced by those who are prone to infections and have a history of this. UTI can cause irritation when you urinate. Though its not something to be alerted about but you should see a doctor if you feel it.
It can also cause mild fever along with pain and irritation in your lower body.
Make sure you pee and wash yourself after having sex or intercourse. Work on your intimate hygiene. Research well about any intimate product before starting using it.
It is defined as a persistent or recurring intercourse pain at your vaginal opening or deep in the pelvis. Studies have shown that this can be related to physical, psychological and social problems.
Pain only at entry (penetration).
Stomach ache due to deep penetration. Even using tampon may cause it.
Pain due to thrusting
Lasting pains after even after few hours of intercourse
- Not enough lubrication : try to engage in foreplay before intercourse. Your body is designed to self-lubricate and foreplay will help you with that. I would not recommend using and artificial lubricant as it may affect your health.
- Some infection or disease in ovary: when you already have some kind of infection, a deep penetration might make it worse.
- Something emotional – pain during intercourse can be due to some trauma or sexual abuse earlier in your life. So overtime you try having sex, you go through same emotions and this causes pain. Try talking to your partner if something is bothering you.
Sometimes sperm itself can cause irritation and pains. According to experts, uterus can react when in contact with sperm and may cause uterus contractions. This can be both irritating and painful resulting in stomach ache sometimes after intercourse. Well, nothing can be done about it. Try using some over-the counter medicines or visit a doctor if intercourse pain persists. Rule out all the other possibilities and ensure there is nothing to be worried about.
In some cases, this can be just a result of a sexual position that you guys are trying. The important thing to cure this is to monitor what exact position is causing this. Usually, people see these issues of stomach ache due to deep penetration in doggy style or missionary style intercourse.
- Try different position like cowgirl where you are on the top. This surely will reduce your stomach ache.
- Go for sideways positions with shallow penetration like spooning.
These are benign tumors in uterus and are non-cancerous. Depending upon size and location in your uterus, these can cause intercourse pain.
Visit a doctor, get an ultrasound or MRI of the pelvis done to know about the exact problem. Do not avoid it by taking medicines, an expert’s advice is required in this condition.
Latest posts by Dr. Amanda (see all)
- 4 Ways Malpractice Insurance Can Safeguard Your Nursing Career - December 1, 2021
- Early Signs of Dementia to Know About - November 27, 2021
- Face Yoga : Perfect Practice for Youthful Skin - December 8, 2021