- The Ultimate Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin: Tips and Product Recommendations
- Recovery Techniques for Athletes: Optimizing Rest for Improved Performance
- An Essential Guide To Revamping Your Diet And Eating Habits
- The Science Behind Heated Tobacco Sticks: Understanding the Benefits and Risks
- The Secrets to Ageless Beauty: Unveiling the World of Facial Enhancements
Last Updated on February 23rd, 2022
Agni Mudra also called as the surya mudra helps in balancing the fire element in the body. There are many health benefits of practicing this mudra asana daily for 20 min. The most important benefit of this mudra is to lose weight. It helps in reducing extra body weight. Lets know more about this mudra in detail here. But before we go into Agni mudra, lets understand what are mudras basically and how are they different from yoga asanas.
Why You Should Practice Agni Mudra also Known as Surya Mudra?
Mudra holds the power to change your body’s internal and external health and emotions which includes mental, spiritual and physical aspects. Mental health itself comprises of many key things like anger, disturbance, intelligence and emotional balance.
Similarly spiritual health has to do with concentration, meditation and peace of mind to be achieved.
Physical health and fitness is known to all which includes your body health and fitness measures, your body stamina and endurance power.
Mudra helps in healing the wounds which may be internal or external, physical or mental, emotional or physiological.
It also helps in achieving great improvements in the health and fitness in all the terms and spheres of life.
Now this is not the only reasons you should practice mudra and yoga. There are many other reasons as well, like it helps in adding more beauty to your body and life.
It can bring miraculous mental, spiritual and physical changes in your body by quickly helping in balancing the elements of the body.
There are some mudras that not only add to your fitness but also make you beautiful. These are easy to practice and do not require that liquid diet plan to lose weight.
Agni Mudra / Surya Mudra – The Sun Posture
Best activity for fatty people or for people who want to reduce weight!
Agni Mudra (Surya Mudra or sun posture) is so called because it helps in increasing the element of fire in your body. If you are confused what does this element means and how are we taking this element in human body, you can learn about the basics of mudra gyan here :-
The other names of Agni mudra is the Prithvi-shamak mudra. Agni mudra is considered one of the best mudra to lose weight. This mudra reduces the earth element of the body. Reducing the earth element which is the major or primary element for fat or weight gain ultimately helps in bringing the balance of your body.
Looking good and attractive is not connected only with good body shape and figure. The glow on your face is an important aspect of your looks and features. This glow comes from within the body and no cosmetics or beauty cream can beat that glow. This natural glow is what makes a person look fresh, confident and fit. Practicing this mudra helps your body relax and free your mind from stress and anxiety that otherwise adds dullness in your life and face. It relieves you from unnecessary tension and depression.
The mudra is basically working on the fire element. Thus this mudra also helps in vision improvement. Hence, regular practice of Agni mudra or Surya mudra or Prithvi-shamak mudra helps to strengthen weak eyes and improve your vision power as well.
Now, for good figure, it is not necessary that we spend long hours in gym or do long hours of workout. Every health problem has solution within our body only. We just need to balance the elements within us and the simplest way of reducing weight and obesity is Agni Mudra (Surya mudra).
How to do Agni Mudra or Surya Mudra?
Duration: Agni mudra should be practiced twice or thrice a day, in the morning as well as in evening for 5 to 15 minutes maximum.
Method: It is easy to learn how to do this mudra. Fold the Ring finger such that it touches the base of the thumb. Now fold the thumb on that ring finger. Apply only a little pressure with thumb and keep remaining three fingers straight. You should be sitting while doing this mudra with your legs crossed and your hands out in front of you.
This Mudra has many other health benefits also. Some of the benefits are mentioned below.
Health Benefits of Agni Mudra:
This mudra is very helpful in raising the metabolism of your body. Thus it is very helpful for those who want to lose weight.
- It can be used to treat common cold.
- Surya mudra is helpful in curing diabetes and liver disorders.
- It is helpful for people suffering from asthama, cough and cold. For best results it is recommended that one should practice this mudra along with Ling mudra.
- Practicing this mudra daily also helps patients getting some relief from constipation problem.
- It helps in relaxing your mind, reducing the stress and depression and controlling nervous breakdown or anxiety.
- It is really helpful in keeping your body temperature under control. This mudra is really beneficial during winter seasons. It helps you in keeping your body warm.
- This mudra also helps in improving your eyesight and vision. If you wear specs and want to remove it permanently then you should definitely practice this mudra.
Some Things to Remember while practicing Agni Mudra:
You should not be practicing this mudra for more time than what is suggested. Otherwise it may lead to undue heating of the body which may result in pimples or acne.
Practice this Mudra while chanting some Mantra like “OM” for huge Benefits.
To reap the benefits from the mudra, you need to practice it atleast once everyday. Practice Agni mudra daily consistently.
It is good to practice the mudra in the morning.
You can read about different types of mudra that are practiced to deal with many health issues and ailments here :- “Yoga Mudra and Health Benefits“
Check out the other mudra gyaan posts and let us know how you got benefited with these mudras.
Share your story with us and if you really liked our healthy ideas and tips, do like our facebook page or follow us on twitter.
You can share your comments in the below comment section and let us know if you have any doubts or query regarding the health tips. We are always there to guide you in the most natural way and with best healing possible.
- Giloy Benefits and Uses ; Heart-Leaved Moonseed or Guduchi - April 10, 2017
- Zumba or Dance Workout – Fun Workout, Best Fitness Mantra - August 7, 2016
- Back Pain Solutions, Effective Remedies to Get Rid of Backache - September 23, 2015