- 10 Best Whey Protein Powder for Men, Workout Protein Diet
- 10 Best Creatine Supplements for Muscle Mass and Strength
- Superman Henry Cavill Workout Routine and Fitness Diet Plan
- 10 Best Fitness Youtube Channels ; Workout, Yoga and Nutrition
- Top 10 Best Celebrity Fitness Trainers in India, Bollywood Workout
Knee pain has been a bourgeois problem in people of almost all age groups. With a hectic schedule, insufficient nutrients, lack of physical exercise, and 9-5 desk jobs, people start experiencing knee pain even in their early 20’s.
We generally ignore the knee pain initially, taking it as a trivial problem. With time and ignorance, it can cause a lot of complications, even interfering with your day to day activities. There can be varied causes of knee pains from injuries to other medical conditions.
Being ignorant towards your body pain will only worsen the condition! It is always better to work on the pains.
The best part is that most types of knee pains can be easily cured at home with yoga. Regular Yoga will help strengthen the muscles around your knees and help in proper lubrication. Yoga for knee pain only consists of light stretches and bends, which will relieve the real pain and prevent any pain in the future.
7 Yoga Poses for Knee Pain
These days knee pain is a prevalent problem, and if you have not taken care at the right time, knee pain can become severe. The thing about yoga is that each asana serves multiple purposes. By performing these asanas, not only your knee pain will go away, but also your blood circulation will improve, and other minor problems too shall go away. Now, what else does one want? If you note this problem quickly, you can cure it by daily yoga. Thus, we are ready with a list of yoga poses to make your knees healthy during pain.
BRIDGE POSE (SETU BANDHA ASANA)
The bridge pose is a great way to bolster your knees. It is an ancient yoga pose that not only strengthens the knee but also lightens the knee pain.
Follow these steps to do the asana:
- Lie flat on your back and fold your knees.
- Make sure your feet are hip-distance apart on the mat approximately 10 inches from your pelvis.
- With palms faced down, rest your arms beside your body.
- Slowly as you inhale, lift first your lower back, then the middle back, and finally, your upper back off the floor.
- While balancing your weight with your shoulders, feet, and arm, let your chin touch your chest.
- You can support your back with your palms if you want.
- Hold the posture for a minute or two and release the pose while exhaling.
MOUNTAIN POSE (TADASANA)
The mountain pose is one of the easiest yet most effective yoga poses. Anyone can easily perform it. It is an excellent way of relieving knee pain.
- To begin with, stand with toes and heels 1-2 feet apart from each other.
- Balance your weight equally on both feet and raise your arms above the head while inhaling.
- Keeping your hands above your head, interlock your fingers with palms facing upwards.
- Hold in the position for 6-7 breaths.
- Exhale and bring back your shoulders, open your chest, and relax your face muscles.
TRIANGLE POSE (TRIKONA ASANA)
The triangle pose is an excellent yoga pose to strengthen the knee muscle, quadriceps, and soothe the knee pain.
To do this asana, asana follows these steps:
- Stand straight and slowly stretch your legs so that there’s a 3-4 feet gap between your feet.
- The right foot should be turned at a 90-degree angle and the left foot at 15 degrees.
- Make sure your feet press the ground, and your body weight is balanced on both the feet.
- As you exhale, bend your body to the right; keep your waist straight and taking your left arm up in the air.
- As your right hand comes down to the floor, hold the pose for a few breaths.
- As you inhale, bring your arms down to your sides and repeat it on the other side.
DOWNWARD FACING DOG POSE (PARVATASANA)
Parvatasana is a balanced pose that invigorates the back, knees, tones the arm, and improves blood circulation. If you have knee pain, then this asana will work like magic for you!
Here are the steps:
- Lie down flat on the mat facing downwards with your arms stretched in front of you.
- With the support of your hands, raise the lower abdomen and hips upwards.
- All your body weight should be balanced between your arms and feet.
- Walk towards your hip unless your heels touch the ground.
- Hold this position as long as you feel comfortable.
CHAIR POSE (UTKATASANA)
The chair pose is known to give strength to your hamstrings, quadriceps, and lubricates the knees for better functioning. This is an effortless pose yet provides enormous clout to the knees.
- This pose can be performed with the wall’s support if you have had any knee injury because it will become challenging for you to balance your body weight on knees then.
- Place your feet hip-distance apart.
- You may lean your back against a wall and sit down so that your knees and feet are parallel to each other.
- Place your arms on your thigh and hold on the pose for a few breaths.
- You can repeat this pose for a few times to strengthen your knees and legs.
HERO POSE (VIRASANA)
Hero pose or the virasana helps increase the blood circulation in your body. It intensifies the knees and thigh muscles and relieves any knee pain. This asana is a beginner level asana which can be easily done by anyone.
- Keep your knee on the floor, with your knees linked and thighs vertical to the floor.
- Slowly, slide your feet hip-distance apart, making sure your feet are flat on the ground.
- Gradually, place your hips on the floor between your feet.
- Lay your hands on your thighs, palms facing upwards.
- Keep your back straight and sit like a warrior; after all, that is the essence of this pose!
- Hold the pose for 5-7 breaths or as long as you feel comfortable.
SIMPLE SPINAL TWIST (VAKRASANA)
The vakrasana stretches the leg muscles and soothes the knee pain instantly. It is a beginner level pose and should be practised with an empty stomach and also produces relaxation in the leg muscles.
- First, sit with your legs stretched in front of you and your hands flat on the sides of your hips.
- Now, bend your right leg upward and stretch your right arm in the air.
- Hold your right leg with the right arm and slightly twist towards your right. Stay in that position for 2-3 breaths.
- Make your back straight and gently land your leg back to the original position.
- Repeat the same for the opposite side.
Yoga, if practiced daily, can make an enormous difference in the health of your knees. It relieves your pain and helps maintain proper blood circulation and healthy muscles. These asanas will also keep your knees lubricated, further preventing any such pains.
Although these poses are simple and efficient but only do them if your body allows, do not overdo them if you feel pain. Always remember to do these asanas with caution without over exerting manually.
Knees should be healthy and flexible in motion. Yoga helps us listen to our bodies and mend and insulates it as much as it can. It is an ideal therapy to save your body from significant suffering.
Latest posts by Anchal Ahuja (see all)
- Top 10 Best Celebrity Fitness Trainers in India, Bollywood Workout - August 6, 2021
- Hot and Sexy Kriti Kharbanda Yoga Fitness And Diet Plan - May 15, 2021
- Amazing Health Benefits of Ground Flax Seeds and Flax seeds Oil - May 7, 2021