- 5 Things You Should Do When You Become A Victim Of Medical Malpractice Or Injury
- Travelling Smartly Post Lockdown - How to Travel Healthy and Safely
- Sudarshan Kriya : How to do it and What are its Benefits
- Discover Amazing Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
- How to Strengthen Your Core Muscles With 8 Simple Exercises
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Averio is the world’s best footballer and is also considered to be among the all time bests. Ronaldo or CR7 as his fans often refer to him has been a footballing sensation ever since he joined Manchester United back in 2003.
Born on 5th Feb, 1985 in Portugal, this man became the most expensive club transfer when he moved from Manchester United to Real Madrid for a whooping £80 million and has topped Forbes List of Highest Earning Athlete in the world in 2017 with a net worth of more than $400 million. On his road to glory, he has amassed a huge fan base of over millions of people all across the globe. Despite being a hardcore workaholic he also manages to be a youth icon.
I have been a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo since his Manchester United days, before all the stardom hit him, back when Ronaldo was just another lad trying to impress his club manager, back when the world did not knew his name, back when he did not came to practice in an expensive Ferrari, back when he did not have six-pack abs, he had something that other players clearly lacked, the heart of a true champion.
Ronaldo has come a long way from being a skinny boy who did step-overs on the flanks of Old Trafford to a Portuguese sensation who has rocked the world with his amazing headers and breathtaking freekicks. How does he jump 10 feet high in the air and score those impossible headers? How does he run 80 meters in less than 8 seconds and beat his markers? No matter how much we would like to believe, Ronaldo is not a superhuman.
But, let us take a look at his superhuman body stats.
- Height: 1.85 m (6’1”)
- Weight: 179 lbs (81 kg)
- Chest: 43 inches ( 109 cm)
- Waist: 33” inches (84 cm)
- Biceps: 14 inches (35 cm)
Such amazing body stats do not come without a cost. Ronaldo has maintained a strict diet plan and a rigorous workout regime to achieve the unachievable.
As said by his peers, Ronaldo practices around 5 times per week in the Real Madrid training camp depending on the games scheduled for that particular week.
His former manager, Sir Alex Ferguson once said of him “There’s no fluke about it. I see Ronaldo practicing all the time in training.” The striker knows how important his workout routines are and what it would cost him to miss them.
Let us take a look at his workout routine.
The circuit should be repeated thrice:
- Barbell Squat (reps: 8)
- Box Jump (20 inches, reps: 10)
- Broad Jump (reps: 8)
- Jumping Lunge (reps: 8 for each leg)
- Lateral Bound (12 inches, reps: 10)
The entire circuit is to be repeated thrice:
- Burpee Pullup (reps: 10-15)
- Bench Dips (reps: 20)
- Pushups (reps: 20-30)
- Medicine Ball Toss (reps: 15)
- Push Press (reps: 10)
Concentrate on Quads or Cardio workouts:
- Power Cleans (sets: 5, reps: 5)
- Sprinting (sets: 8, reps: 200 meters)
Focus on Stability and Core exercises for tight and sculpted abs:
- One-Arm Side Deadlift (for each arm sets: 3, reps: 5)
- Dumbbell One-Legged Deadlift (sets: 2, reps: 10)
- Knee Tuck Jump (sets: 3, reps: 10-12)
- Overhead Slam (sets: 3, reps: 10-12)
- One-Leg Barbell Squat (sets: 2, reps: 5)
- Hanging Leg Raise (sets: 3, reps: 10-15)
- Rope Jumping (sets: 10, rest: 1 min)
- Resistance Sprinting (sets: 10, reps: 50 meters)
Ronaldo became the highest goal scorer for Real Madrid with having Scored 285 goals in only 265 appearances. He captained his Portugal side to victory at the Euro 2016 in France and also happens to be the top scorer for his country. He has had a very decorated international career which reflected when his country erected a statue back in his hometown and also named an International airport after him !!
This style icon has amassed around 100 million followers on Instagram and often garners millions of likes taking advantage of his gorgeously well maintained physique. Some might say Ronaldo has aged like French Wine, the man gets only better with age and has managed to maintain an absolutely brilliant form throughout his career. But needles to say, a great routine is usually followed by an even stricter diet and Ronaldo is no exception to it. Let us take a look at his diet plan.
▪It must include wholegrain or wholewheat cereal with fruit juice, foods like eggs, cereals, etc for carbohydrates and proteins. A breakfast is recommended after a sound sleep of 8 hours so that the body is rested well.
▪It includes chicken/meat with salad, whole wheat pasta, baked potato, green vegetables, fruits or a low calorie meal. Required proteins and minerals he cover from Chicken and pasta that provides sufficient amount of vitamins for lunch.
▪Mostly fruit juice or freshly cut fruits that can give enough energy for the evening break.
▪The dinner is rich in fiber as well as proteins and vitamins. It includes rice, beans, fruits and chicken.
Key features of Cristiano Ronaldo’s diet
▪His diet includes complex carbohydrates which help in building up the stamina and persistence.
▪He has a low fat body and you will be shocked to know that it amounts to less than 10%.
▪He avoids alcoholic or heavy carbonated drinks and prefers only intakes of fresh juices.
▪He takes good amount of proteins which is beneficial in bodybuilding and body repair. Proteins amounts to an integral part of Ronaldo’s diet throughout the day.
▪He makes sure that no two meals have a gap of more than 2-3 hours and thus strives for small meals in the day.
Some Fitness Tips from the Ronaldo:-
- Body training is just not sufficient when your goals are really big. You need to train your mind as well. Mental strength is very important that helps you keep going and stay motivated. Without good mental strength people often leaves their goals in between and never reaches the target.
- Stay Motivated and follow the Discipline. These 2 are most important if you are looking for a bigger goal. Without Discipline you cannot complete your task and reach the goal on time.
- Set High Goals always. If you can dream big, you cannot achieve big. Go for the big star and do not stop unless you are satisfied.
- Get some help with a training partner. Stay competitive and work harder with this feeling of competition.
- Take Proper amount of rest when required. Proper amount of sleep is really important to keep your body energetic and healthy. Go to bed early and rise up early. Sleep helps in quick muscle recovery which is really important.
- Do a proper warm up before actually starting with your workout routine for the day. Warmup helps in giving the required start to your body for weight lifting and stretching makes your body more compatible to different exercises. Jogging and Cycling are both good to do as a warmup.
- Do a Mix of Cardio and weight lifting. Both have its own advantages that adds up when done together. Also they help in increasing the stamina and strength of your body. Plus an added advantage that exercise remains interesting at all times.
- Make Exercise a habit for your body. Do it regularly and you will see the benefits soon.
- A good diet is also very important and you should have a proper diet plan for that. Workout and exercise should cover 50% of your daily efforts. Rest 50% should go into having a proper diet everyday. High protein diet with lots of fiber wholegrain carbs, fruits and vegetables. Avoid sweets and sugar as much as you can. Eat in small intervals of time.
- Stay Hydrated always. You should drink enough liquid to make sure your body is digesting the proteins properly. Avoid alcohol.
Ronaldo has spearheaded Real Madrid into winning two consecutive Champion’s League titles, a feat unparalleled in the history of football. Ronaldo also has a lot of haters to whom he says, “I go to bed every night in a good mood, happy, I sleep good every night.
I’m not here to make my haters happy, I’m hear to make my fans happy because they are loyal to me.” Being a CR7 devotee, I strongly believe this is what all of us should do when someone tries to put us down, work hard in silence and let our achievements make the noise.
Being a gym-enthusiast, writing on matters of fitness and health comes naturally to him. You can mostly find him listening to classic rock or watching football.
Latest posts by Shubhankar Kamat (see all)
- Outdoor Activities that are Alternative of GYM to keep you Fit and in Good Shape - September 14, 2017
- Zac Efron Fitness Workout Routine and Diet Plan for Muscular Physique and Handsome Body - August 30, 2017
- Difference Between Curd and Yogurt; Health Benefits of Yogurt - August 29, 2017