Last Updated on November 24th, 2020
Have you ever felt like just getting up and groove to ‘Beat pe Booty’? Where at one instance you are thinking that you can dance with all your core and will, but on the other, you are unable to even move your body. It’s not that you are not fit to dance, it’s just you are only some moves away to be adaptive to any dance form. For a human body to be adaptive to anything require more than just motivation. It does require a lot of mental health and determination to be constant. Dancing can keep you healthy and Fit. Another form of fitness is Zumba Workout and there are many Zumba Fitness Benefits.
With people racing to get their bodies into shape by applying for yearly memberships in a gym but unable to utilize the same because of their hectic schedule. Also when thinking about it, the gym is too boring and you end up doing the same routine over and over again. And surely the number of songs you listen in the gym is usually the same playlist which you get bored off as well. The other ways that one can opt for would be outdoor activities, swimming or dancing. Though the first two option requires gear to go ahead, Dancing, on the other hand only requires a good beat and your imaginations with the steps.
Be it fancy dance forms like Ballet, Jazz or Belly dancing or a healthy form like Zumba, every move makes you look more attractive. Where Indian forms like Kathak or Bharatnatyam makes your body more flexible, other forms gives your body a great shape. You can always do this at the comfort of your home. Dancing or zumba workout can be a easy home workout fitness method to stay healthy and in good shape. The zumba workout or dancing benefits are countless.
Table of Contents
Let’s look at a few, shall we?
->Say Hello to a Beautiful You:
Dance is one form of exercise where one is connected to their core musically and they respond rhythmically to notes. This helps one’s body to reverse the aging process. It improves the cardiovascular system and helps increase one’s lung capacity. With an increased capacity there is more oxygen intake, which in turn makes our skin look healthy and young.
->Natural Weight Loss:
While one is making a note of the beats and counting the dance moves, he/she is also losing weight naturally by focusing on the complete body. While we dance, every part of the body receives equal attention.
Dance is about showcasing your groove. While doing so, there is an increase in creativity by following or learning new dance moves or dance forms. Once you start there is no stopping as to add on new steps, as from one step you make another step. Which also gives an extra edge to the social gathering where you one can flaunt their new earned learning. This helps you stay mentally fit and active, thus counting to be another zumba fitness benefits.
->Flexibility & Agility:
Without a doubt, it can be said that Yoga helps one gain more flexibility and agility, Dance is no less and helps you achieve the same results in almost same time(if not sooner).
Before you start up or think of taking up Dancing for good shape, there are some important factors that you might have to take into consideration.
Consider before starting Dancing and Zumba Workout
- Just like Running and Exercise require stretching, Dancing also requires a good body stretch before the session to avoid any muscle injury.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after dancing sessions.
- You have to make sure you rest well between dance sessions.
- Wear a layer of tight clothing to sweat and lose weight.
- Cool down after a dance session and stretch again.
- Consider learning posture for different dance forms as they will help you learn better and lose better.
- Consider yourself beginner for everything as it will give scope to learn more creatively.
- Massage your joint areas with coconut oil for a better joint health.
- Always juggle between two dance forms as it will enhance creativity and agility.
There can be injuries while you start dancing or zumba workout, you don’t have to worry about them much. These will be sprains, strains, Blister, bruising or impact injuries. A cold press or a warm water bath will cure the initial light injuries. But if you feel the pain worsen, stop dancing for a while and consult a doctor.
Once you have gotten into the flow, you will automatically start to see the difference in you and are more likely to see the following.
Zumba Fitness Benefits or Dancing Benefits.
- Dancing can be an amazing way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes.
- Dancing improves your muscle tone, strength, endurance and fitness.
- Zumba Workout is a great way to meet new friends with same set of interest.
- Zumba or Dancing helps to lose that extra fat in your tummy.
- Dancing keeps your skin young for a longer time.
- It helps you increase the immunity of the body.
- Zumba fitness workout is a great way of stress buster and helps in improving the mood.
- It helps in improving the blood circulation through out the body, thus preventing any heart problems and blockage issues. This also adds up to the many zumba fitness benefits.
- It helps in improving your memory power. With dancing your blood flow in the brain increases and thus it becomes more active to response quickly to various things.
Don’t lose the habit of dancing. You do not have to learn it to do it which is the best part about it.
Happy and Healthy Dancing!
She is rather control and cleanliness freak when it is about her home sweet home. She loves to sit next to her small rose garden with a cup of tea, to write.
When not writing blog posts, she works as a Human resource manager at a startup.You can connect with Sakshi at Facebook. You can visit her blog at "sakshisira.wordpress. com" and read her latest posts.