Interesting Health Facts, Did You Know?
- Sitting and sleeping too much are dangerous. They are good when in moderation, but too much of it can increase your chances of an early death.
- Do not brush teeth soon after eating or drinking. It can soften the tooth enamel, especially if you had acidic foods.
- Want to burn more calories ? Sleep naked. It can help you burn more calories.
Interesting Sex Facts
People in their 20s are most active.
- Frequent sex can improve memory in women
- Your pain threshold sees a stark increase when you are aroused.
- Women can have 2 types or orgasms – vaginal and clitoral.
- Sperm has anti-wrinkle properties similar to most moisturisers.
- There are approx 100 million acts of sexual intercourse daily.
- A small percentage of women can achieve orgasms through nipple stimulation alone.
DID YOU KNOW :- There is enough sperm in a single man to impregnate every women on the planet.
- Anywhere between 7 and 13 minutes is the “desired” optimum time for penetrative sex.
- Researchers say a vigorous sex can help you burn up to 5 calories per minute.
- Add libido to the list of things that decline with age. Women’s sex drives are more likely to take a hit than those of their male counterparts.
- Sex can boost your recall skills and activate the area of your brain associated with learning.
- The female orgasm lasts three times longer the male orgasm.
- The clitoris is basically a tiny penis.
- Post-sex sadness is a real thing.
- A strong sense of smell makes you more orgasmic.
- Research suggests that masturbation can help to reduce stress, release tension, enhance the quality of sleep, boost concentration level, lift mood, relieve menstrual cramps, alleviate pain, improve sex life.
- Many people continue to masturbate even after marriage.
- Masturbation cannot cause blindness, infertility, decrease in libido or shrinking of the organ.
- Masturbating women can orgasm easily during intercourse.
- A lot of people cry after masturbation!
Interesting Menstruation Facts
Mental Health Facts
- Learning a new language or playing a musical instrument gives your brain a boost.
- Drinking coffee can reduce the risk of depression, especially in women.
- Feeling stressed? Read. Getting lost in a book can lower levels of cortisol, and other unhealthy stress hormones, by 68%.
- Chewing gum makes you more alert, relieves stress and reduces anxiety levels.
Interesting Healthy Food Facts
Facts about food and vitamins that you can add into your diet plan to improve your health.
- It only takes you a few minutes to an hour maximum to eat a meal but it takes your body more than 2 hours to completely digest the food. So avoid late night dinner always to avoid digestion issues and do not sleep immediately after having a meal.
- Eating Apples can help reduce levels of bad cholesterol which in turn helps to keep your heart healthy.
- Healthiest fat on the planet :- Extra virgin olive oil
- Vitamin D is as important as calcium in determining bone health, and most people don’t get enough of it.
- The three ‘A’s – (Almonds, Avocados and Arugula) can boost your sex drive and improve fertility.
- Chocolate is good for your skin; its antioxidants improve blood flow and protect against UV damage.
- Tea has huge benefits. It can lower risks of heart attack, type 2 Diabetes, certain cancers and Parkinson’s disease. Just make sure not to add too much sugar into it.
Yoga Fitness Facts
- There are more than 100 styles of yoga!
- Practicing yoga can delay aging, as shown in various researches worldwide.
- Laughter yoga is growing in popularity where you laugh for no reason. It help release feelings of stress and depression.
- Americans spend $16 billion on yoga classes and equipment each year.
- Yoga is the most commonly used complementary health approach in the US.
- Yoga is over 5,000 years old.
- Yoga is one of the oldest physical disciplines in the world.
DID YOU KNOW? – Yoga originated in India.
The word ‘yoga’ comes from the Sanskrit language and literally means ‘union’.
The Book on Mudra Gyan
Yoga was originally practiced as a form of healing
- Yoga practitioners used to use grass or animal skin as a mat for their postures.
- Yoga can work every muscle in your body.
“If you breathe well, you will live longer.”
Historically yoga practitioners believed we only have a limited number of breaths in life, so we should make life last longer by taking slow, deep breaths.
- Those suffering from anxiety or depression could benefit from practicing yoga. Yoga can benefit you in different ways. Find out how yoga can help you relief back pain issues, hair loss problems, joint pain, sleep problems, diabetes issues, achieve weight loss goals and much more.
- Yoga can help to reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- Yoga can give you a better orgasm!
Practicing yoga can actually improve a woman’s sex life. Research published by Harvard University looked at how regular yoga sessions could impact a woman’s sex life with exciting results! Improvements were seen in desire, arousal, orgasm and general overall satisfaction.
- Yoga has been shown to help with premature ejaculation.
- Yoga has 84 basic Asanas or poses.
- The longest recorded yoga lesson lasted 56 hours!
- Naked yoga is growing in popularity across the US
Exercising Fitness Facts
- Running is good for you. People who run 12-18 miles a week have a stronger immune system and can increase their bone mineral density.
- Regular Exercising can increase your lifespan by keeping your DNA healthy and young.
Even at rest, muscle is three times more efficient at burning calories than fat.
Stretching helps avoid injuries and also improves the blood flow to your muscles.
- Cardio exercise before breakfast can burn more fat.
Oh My God, I Didn’t Knew That, Did you ?
- SPF 15 allows 7% of UVB rays to pass to your skin, while SPF 50 allows only 2%. So start wearing SPF 50 sunscreen.
- Having an allergic reaction ? Your immune system is responding to a false alarm. It takes it as a threat and thus responds in such a way.
- Most active muscle in the body? Eye muscles, moving more than 100,000 times a day!
Happy to DO – Interesting Health Facts
- Feeling too much depressed? Feeling Down? Go Vacation. Not only will getting away make you feel better, but the process of planning and anticipating the vacation will also give you a happiness boost.
Interesting Pregnancy Health facts
- Physically active pregnant women have smarter babies.
- Babies can hear their mother’s voice from inside the womb.
- Pregnant women can start to lactate when they hear a baby crying.
- Heartburn really could mean a baby with more hair.
- Pregnant women produce more oestrogen in a day than non-pregnant women do in a year.
- Moms-to-be can start producing breast milk just 14 weeks into their pregnancy.
- Pregnant women often get thicker, shinier hair — but they also get more body hair.
- Did you Know ? – The world’s longest pregnancy lasted for 375 years.
- Contractions may continue even after childbirth.
- The uterus can expand greatly during pregnancy. During the first trimester, it’s about the size of an orange. By the third trimester, it expands to the size of a watermelon.
Interesting Ayurveda Facts : Did you Know ?
Different herbs have different healing powers.
- Aloe Vera, Sandalwood, Turmeric, Shatavari- Antiseptic (Protects against infections)
- Turmeric, Echinacea – Antibiotic (Fights against viral and bacterial infections)
- Cinnamon, Yarrow, Jasmine, Sandalwood – Astringent (heals tissues)
- Cardamom, Coriander – Appetizer (Induces appetite)
- Chamomile, Chrysanthemum, Basil, Ginger – Carminative (Helps in proper digestion)
Interesting Health Facts of Water
- Drinking 1 glass hot water just after waking up increases immunity, blood flow and gives you a glowing skin.
- 5 Glasses of water a day can reduce your chances of having an heart attack by 40%.
- Dehydration could lead to back pain problems. This is due to the fact that the Spinal disc core is comprised of a large volume of water.
- Kidneys on an average filters your blood up to 300 times a day. They need water to function properly.
- You can get good competition if you stay more hydrated. Drinking enough water, helps you avoid wrinkles and pimples.
- Reducing the water intake can lead to many problems, such as asthma, allergy, constipation and migraines to name a few.
For more such interesting health facts