- 5 Celebrities Who Studied Medicine Before Becoming Famous
- 10 Best Indian Yoga Centers and Wellness Retreat | Supercharge Your Creative Energies
- 10 Effective Solutions to Reduce Hair Loss – Natural Ways to Save Hair
- The Wellness Benefits Of Using Organic Towels
- How is a Gynecologist and Urologist Different from each other?
Last Updated on December 21st, 2020
It is a globally accepted fact that whenever you wish to maintain good health, you must eat only healthy food. Eating healthy food does not necessarily mean that you need be on a fixed diet plan. Although, healthy eating simply means taking the right kind of food, in right portion and at the right time.To get positive results, things need to be done in balance.Hence, to be more precise,one should have A Heavy Breakfast, Moderate Lunch, and a Light Dinner.
This big idea of healthy eating means you should eat up as many nutrients as your body demands and skip out fancy food that has no nutritional value. And you might have as well heard “eat Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dinner like a Beggar”.
Why Breakfast Should Be Heavy:-
The most imperative meal of the day. Those who eat breakfast frequently consume higher nutrients, function better both mentally and physically, and maintain a healthier weight than those who skip breakfast. Not eating your breakfast can result in unwanted health complications like malnutrition and obesity.
Many people are accustomed towards having three meals a day , of these the breakfast is very significant and should never be skipped. Breakfast mainly provides the energy for the start of your day, with 25 percent of your daily nutrients. A high-fiber, limited-fat breakfast provides fuel for the body and also improves learning, memory, and concentration.
It gets importance from the fact that it is preceded by a fairly long period of starvation during our sleep.After the dinner, there is a gap of eight to twelve hours before you have your breakfast. The body will have used up the energy from the dinner and will be waiting for the infusion of more energy through food. Since some nutrients like proteins cannot be stored in the body for a long time, the body needs timely replenishment of these items. By skipping the breakfast, you are depriving your body of the much-needed replenishment of energy and making it weak.
Make sure your breakfast menu has all essential nutrients like oats, wheat bread, milk or fruit juice. Most health care experts believe breakfast should also contain some fruits – apple, orange, grapefruit, banana etc. Hence, be sure to have something to eat before the day starts.
Eating a moderate, well-balanced lunch provides the energy necessary to feel good for the whole afternoon.As regards lunch, it is better not to eat too much since you have previously received the much-needed energy from your breakfast. On skipping lunch ,it becomes difficult to concentrate in class, at work or on exams. Furthermore, a heavy lunch intake results in drowsiness and an unsound afternoon nap.Thus, it should not be too heavy.
Healthy Lunch Ideas:
- Prepare a sandwich on whole-wheat bread with low-fat cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- Bake potato, add salsa and cottage cheese and well pack it with chocolate milk and pear.
- Pack a lunch consisting of a bagel with peanut butter, an apple, and pudding.
Tips for a Nourishing Lunch:
- Include proteins, whole grains,vegetables, and fruits
- Drink plenty of water and milk instead of soda.
- Eat small dinner and save the leftovers for lunch.
Amount Of Dinner One Should Have:-
Dinner should always be light as compared to breakfast or lunch.It an important meal, which should never be skipped. Skipping dinner will result in a huge gap between last meal of the day and the first meal of the next day. This can cause nausea, famished hunger, severe acidity, blackouts and a disturbed sleep.Over-eating at night can result to a lot of discomforts especially at bedtime and it is totally inadvisable to go to sleep with a full or heavy stomach.
However, if you are terribly hungry during a night and in need of a full meal, slightly try to eat a few hours before bedtime to allow your system to digest food properly. Several vegetables have lots of vitamins and minerals. Go for green, orange and yellow vegetables for dinner. Steam them to preserve the nutritional value and avoid frying them. Thus Ending the day with a light and healthy dinner is always a good idea!
Latest posts by Dr. Amanda (see all)
- How is a Gynecologist and Urologist Different from each other? - April 22, 2022
- How to Properly Detox Through Correct Nutrition and Exercising - April 16, 2022
- Northshore Clinical Labs Press Release: Issue of Statement - April 16, 2022