Last Updated on July 12th, 2020
The Italian Actress-Model known in Hollywood for her work in the Sci-Fi feature film series, The Matrix, Monica Anna Maria Bellucci was born on 30 September 1964 in Citta di Castello, Umbria, Italy. Considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the world, Monica Bellucci has featured in at least 45 feature films in a career spanning more than two decades.
Monica’s inclination towards the entertainment industry was evident from an early age as she commenced her modelling career from the early age of 13 and signed with Elite Model Management in Milan in the year 1988. Having gained an enormous amount of success in the fashion world, Bellucci took up acting classes in 1989 to further pursue her lifelong passion of being in the film industry.
Her acting career began with short cameos and minor roles in feature films such as La Riffa (1991), The Raffle (1991) and Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992).
Her acting career grew slow and steady in the first half of the 1990s with movies Ostinato Destino, Briganti- Amore e Liberta, Snowball, Bits and Pieces, etc. Until her breakthrough performance in the film, The Apartment (1996) for which she received a Cesar Award nomination in the category of Best Supporting Actress.
She received global recognition for her performances in films like Malena (2000) and Irreversible (2002) with which she broke into the Hollywood scene as well.
Her performances in The Matrix Reloaded (2003) and Shoot ‘Em Up (2007) have been exceptionally well received by the audiences and are considered to be one of her most critically acclaimed performances.
Awards and Achievements
- Received a nomination under the category Best Promising Actress at the Cesar Awards for her portrayal of the character, Lisa, in the movie, The Apartment, in the year 1997.
- Nominated for the Audience Award for Best Actress at the European Film Awards for her remarkable performance in Malena.
- Won the Silver Ribbon for Best Supporting Actress at the Italian Syndicate of Film Journalists and nominated for the award for Best Supporting Actress at the David Di Donatello Awards for her performance in the film, Ricordati di me, in the year 2003.
- Received a nomination for best supporting actress at the Saturn Awards in 2003 for her performance in Brotherhood of the Wolf.
- Nominated for the Teen Choice Award, Cinescape Genre Face of the Future Award, and MTV Movie Award for the films, The Matrix: Reloaded and Tears of the Sun.
- Won the European Golden Globe award at Globo D’Oro in 2005.
- Nominated for the Silver Ribbon for Best Supporting Actress at the Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists for her performance in “N” in 2007.
Monica Bellucci has the measurements 37-25-36 which are exquisitely perfect considering her age. In order to obtain such a perfect body, an immense amount of exercising and determination is required which involves consuming the correct healthy diet and taking ample amount of rest.
However, Monica Bellucci is not quite fond of exercising regularly but, still sticks to a strict workout and diet routine.
She said, “Despite I hate my exercise, I still give my best. My workouts are consisted of swimming, jogging, and kickboxing. I often do yoga, because it helps me to clear my mind and prepare myself mentally for the upcoming daily duties.”
Having claimed to not being a gym or morning person, the 53-year-old actress sticks to swimming and yoga exercises. She has a routine of swimming for an estimated time span of 45 minutes at least four times in a week for a thorough workout.
She does yoga exercises daily to attain peace of mind as well as for keeping her body in excellent shape.
Bellucci claims to not being obsessed with the perfect skinny body. “I’m a woman and I have curves. Of course, if your natural state is to be skinny, then it’s beautiful, but if you are round and curvy, I don’t think you have to change your nature” she added.
The Italian actress also believes that taking the necessary steps to ensure fitness is more vital than being completely obsessed to have the perfect body.
Coming to the diet plan, like numerous other actresses in the film industry, Monica Bellucci also sticks to a portion control diet plan. This enables her to fulfill her cravings, which involve pasta and chocolate, and still not overeat. This has turned out to be extremely beneficial for her.
Another secret to her diet plan involves a great level of consumption of water to keep her fit and healthy. She believes to always have a bottle of water handy to hydrate the body as much as possible.
She has always emphasized on the fact that starving is not necessary for the perfect body and is in fact, hazardous to a person’s health. Even if she has to lose weight to play a particular character in a film, she resorts to eating healthy rather than starving.
There is no fixed diet plan for the Italian Actress but she believes to include meat, fish, and fresh vegetables in her meals as much possible.
The 53-year-old Italian versatile actress is a living example of the fact that eating healthy and adhering to a disciplined workout routine is all that is required to have the perfect body.
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Health Benefits of Quitting Smoking : For Those Who Wants to Quit Smoking - January 7, 2021
- Death of Michael Ojo and Physical Fitness for Athletes: How to Take Care of Yourself. - November 18, 2020
- Could Hormone Replacement Therapy Help You? - October 31, 2020