- 10 Best Skin Doctor in Gwalior | List of Best Dermatologist in Gwalior
- Top 10 Best Neurologist in Gurgaon | List of Best Neurosurgeon
- Best Neurologists in Bangalore | List of Top Neurologists
- Top 10 Best Neurologist in Chennai | List of Top Neurosurgeons
- Top 10 Best Gynecologist in Mumbai | Obstetrician in Mumbai
Last Updated on November 24th, 2020
Facial hair growth is one of the most annoying problems many women face since time immemorial. Although it is a very innate thing for females, but the reasons for this growth can vary. While some women naturally have excess growth of hair on their face, others suffer with this problem due to various other factors like hormonal changes, irregular menstrual cycle, side effects of some medications, during pregnancy etc. Many times this growth is uneven and is higher on some specific part of you face like upper lip, forehead, or on the chin. Whatever you attribute them to; facial hairs can cause grave beauty concerns and lower one’s confidence. So its best to use natural ways to remove facial hair.
Advancements in cosmetology have presented many ways like shaving, threading, waxing and even laser treatment to remove unwanted hairs, but all of these methods are very costly, painful and can have disastrous side effects on your skin. Therefore, it is best to opt for some home remedies for the elimination of unwanted facial hairs.
Although these remedies will not give you desired results as spontaneously as those cosmetic techniques but in the long run they certainly remove facial hair, obstruct their future growth and makes your skin more bright, clean and toned. Here we enlist for you, few effective and proven home remedies to remove facial hair which include natural ingredients that can come handy. Moreover they are light on your pocket and soft on your skin so you must give them a try.
Home remedies to remove facial hair
Apricot and Honey Facial Scrub
Due to the of high content of Lycopene in apricots and nourishing properties of honey, this face pack is not only effective in removing unwanted hairs, but it also exfoliates and moisturizes the skin at the same time.
- Take half a cup of dried apricots and grind them to form a coarse powder.
- Make a thick paste by adding honey to it. Apply this paste on to your face and leave for at least 10 minutes.
- Thereafter, start massaging your face in circular motions and keep moving in upward direction. Continue until you scrub off all the face pack. Finally wash your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
We recommend you to apply this pack twice a week. Although results will be visible from the first application itself but you must use this regularly to remove facial hair permanently.
Honey & Lemon Mask
This one is an excellent age old home remedy with proven results in removing facial hairs. The best part is, it is a very simple and easy one, which makes it suitable for lazy girls like me.
- All you need to do is take 2 teaspoonful of honey and squeeze half lemon into it.
- Apply this mixture on your face and leave it like that for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wipe off this pack with the help of a towel soaked in warm water.
While Honey works as a mild wax and pulls out the hair from their follicles, the lemon juice act as a natural bleach for the minute hairs that still remain thereafter, making them too light to notice. Apply this face pack 2-3 times a week to get the desirable results and its regular usage will lead you to a fairer, brighter and softer skin sans unwanted hairs.
You can also try this DIY honey lemon mask.
Egg is a magic ingredient to remove facial hair. On one hand it removes the hairs from its follicles, and on the other it soothes your skin and gives you a toned look.
- Take only the white portion of an egg and add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 table spoon of corn flour to it.
- Whisk all the ingredients together to make a sticky paste. Apply this paste on your face and let it dry. Once dried completely, it will form a mask.
- Peel it off with firm hands, starting from the forehead and going towards the chin.
This homemade peel off mask is also very good for removing blackheads and avoiding wrinkles.
Turmeric, Gram Flour and Milk Pack
It is a very effective ancient remedy, used by many women, since the time there were no creams, waxing, etc.
- Make a thick paste with 2 teaspoon gram flour, a pinch of turmeric and a little amount of milk.
- Apply this paste on your face in circular motions leaving the eye area.
- Keep massaging for at least 10- 20 minutes, focusing more on the areas where the growth of facial hairs is in excess.
- Once the pack starts drying, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with towel.
You can replace gram flour with oatmeal or with barley powder as per your convenience and availability. Both of these are equally effective. Barley is more recommended for removing more stubborn hairs. Using it only once a week will help you in stopping the hair growth and the growth gets fainter with every usage.
You can also add orange and lemon peels to these face packs in smaller amounts as these are very helpful in getting rid of unwanted hairs and can act as natural bleach.
Please never try shaving procedure on your face as it can make the roots of the hairs blunt edged, which in future lead to growth of more subtle hairs and can be a real spoiler for your beautiful face. Waxing is a better option, but overdoing that can leave you with saggy skin.
Therefore it is definitely advisable for you to limit your parlor visits and save your skin from harsh and painful cosmetic treatments. No doubts they provide instantaneous results but they have hazardous side effects in the long run. On the other hand the home treatments are effective, nourishing and come with proven results. They are also cost effective and skin friendly. Regular usage of these packs loosens the hair and makes the hair growth scarce over a period of time.
So guys go easy on your skin and keep it uncomplicated.
Aafiya is a health and wellness enthusiast. She utilizes her spare time to contribute insightful articles around day to day lifestyle challenges and their remedies, that all can relate to.
Latest posts by Aafiya Siddiqui (see all)
- Bad Breath and Bad Body Odour : Natural Ways to Fight - April 10, 2020
- Coronavirus or Covid-19 Viral Symptoms, Prevention and Cure - March 9, 2020
- Muse 2 Headband Fitness Wearable Gadget Review - August 9, 2019