Last Updated on December 21st, 2020
Mostly all things in life require some amount of dedication and commitment. Going to the gym is one of those most things. But what comes to your mind when you think of muscle gain, losing weight, and going to the gym? The most common terms that strike us are mostly cardio, exercise, weights, and yes, starving yourself in the name of diet. But what if we break that myth and tell you that not eating when following a plan is not the point but eating right is? Gaining muscle or losing weight, whatever your goal is, the main thing that fuels it all. apart from just exercising is what you eat, how you eat, and when you eat. Post workout diet plan and pre workout diet plan are important things to plan for achieving required fitness goals.
All of you who are looking forward to knowing all the answers, keep on reading. Let us discuss in detail the main facts about post workout diet plan, pre workout diet plan, and protein diet plan. Diet plan for people who want to lose weight and for the ones who want to gain weight.
How an Ideal Diet Plan Should Be?
The key to having a good physique and figure is to not stop eating or start overeating. The key to having a good figure or physique is to eat right. However, the diet routine of Indian households contains a lot of fat, carb, and oils. Hence, we need to plan a good diet according to our body requirements and capacity of our body.
Hence, the diet planner, be it your nutritionist or your trainer talks to you about your goals before sketching a diet plan for you.
However, in case you want to know what are the must include in your post workout diet plan, pre workout diet plan, and protein diet plan, keep reading.
For Gaining Muscles:
Pre Workout Diet Plan for Muscle Gain
Your body needs to be filled up with all the necessary and required nutrients at least 30 mins before you hit the gym. This helps the body to digest the food. It also fill up the body with enough energy for a hectic workout. Hence, here are some of the superfoods you can include in your pre workout diet plan. Pre workout diet for a quick and nutritious dose of energy.
- Greek Yogurt and Fruits: One of the greatest combinations of food to opt for before pumping your muscles up in the gym is Greek yogurt and some tasty fruits. The Greek yogurt adds a protein punch to your diet. While the fruits nourish your body with all the carbs it needs. Together this combination helps to energize your body for a heart-filling workout session.
- Rice, Chicken, and Veggies: In case you are looking forward to having a meal that contains all the necessary nutrients required by your body, then go for rice, chicken, and vegetables. For many body builders, this meal is a must include as a part of their pre workout diet plan. Chicken contains a whole lot of protein. Followed by rice that contains good carbohydrates that your body requires. The vegetables, mainly non-starchy green will help you energize your body.
- Power Smoothies: If not prepared well, smoothies can really do worse to your body. Yes, you heard that right! Some people tend to add a lot of one fruit making it extremely sugary. This does not do any good to your body. However, if made properly, it can be a powerhouse of energy and all good nutrients. Remember add only one part of any fruit you like. Follow it up with a green vegetable and some yogurt and you are good to go.
- Whole Grain Bread: Another carb-filled food option to grab on and add on pre workout diet plan before hitting the gym is some whole grain bread. If you want you can also add some protein to go with it like eggs and chicken.
- Bananas and other fruits: Fruits are anyway extremely healthy and contain a lot of nutrients. Bananas are literally termed as the energy bar of all the fruits. It contains a lot of nutrients that help to repair the muscles.
Post Workout Diet Plan for Muscle Gain
Getting your body some good nutritious food right after a workout is extremely necessary. It helps to give back the energy lost to your body. It also helps to repair many muscles after a tiring workout session. Here are some of the healthy food choices that you can include in your post workout diet plan.
- Whey Protein: In case you are looking forward to having a sudden spike of insulin on your body right after a tiring workout session, then choosing to have whey protein is a good option. The insulin helps to give back the lost energy to the body and also helps to repair the muscles. Hence, including whey protein as a post workout diet plan can really show effective results.
- Protein Shakes and Smoothies: Good protein shakes and smoothies work wonders in replenishing the energy lost after a good workout session. Along with that, protein shakes and smoothies help the body to get a large amount of protein which other food often fails to provide to the body. If you do not like the taste of protein shakes, a good tasty smoothie can always come to the rescue. You just have to ensure that it is low fat.
- Dry Fruits: One of the things to immediately grab on right after a sweaty workout is some good dry fruits. Dry fruits have a high glycaemic index that helps to heal the muscles quickly. Along with that, dry fruits are easy to carry and incredibly tasty. That is a plus.
- Eggs: Eggs are that wonder food that contains a burst of proteins. Hence, naturally, it is a go-to food for many bodybuilders and people who want to build their muscles. Hence, to include some nicely boiled eggs as a part of your post workout diet plan is a nice option. Along with that, eggs are favorite of many. So it never really a diet when you get to eat your favorites right?
- Chicken: No, we are not asking you to binge on fried chicken but plain boiled chicken. Chicken contains a lot of valuable nutrients, mainly tons of protein that helps the body to repair the muscles and also aids in pumping it. Avoid adding salt, just add a little pinch of pepper and you are good to go.
Diet Plan For Losing Weight:
When should you eat pre-workout meal for losing weight?
If you are heading towards following a perfect diet plan for weight loss, then just keeping a note of what to eat and what to avoid is not important. What must also be taken care of is the perfect timing of those.
The perfect time to get hold of your pre-workout snack is at least a minimum of 45 minutes before you hit the gym. The idea is to ensure that the body does not utilise the nutrients of the food and yet digests it completely. If the food remains undigested, it hampers the workout and might even cause you to vomit.
Pre Workout Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Grabbing some light yet effective snack or food aids in the workout for losing weight. Here are some of the foods you can opt for having as a pre workout diet plan before hitting the gym.
- Oatmeal: Forever suggested by fitness trainers and your go-to meal, oatmeal is a great thing to have and include in your pre workout diet plan. It is lightweight in nature and is also a great source of energy. Oatmeal is extremely easy to prepare and requires hardly some readily available ingredients. If you want to lose weight quickly go for just boiled oats. For adding some taste to it, sprinkle some tasty fruits and you are good to go.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich or Jam Sandwich: We are not saying this meal is ideal whenever you choose to workout. But if you are a morning go-er to the gyms then this might be an ideal breakfast cum pre workout meal. But here is the twist, opt for only multigrain or whole wheat bread. Additionally, for peanut butter lovers, peanut butter is an excellent source of protein hence that helps too.
- Yogurt: Another superfood to add to the pre workout diet plan is yogurt. (You can go for low fat, Greek yogurt for better results.) Yogurt isn’t just amazingly delicious but is also healthy and nutritious. It contains a good amount of valuable nutrients. The plus point here is that you can make this more delicious by adding some yummy fruits and honey.
- Protein shakes: In case you are looking forward to having a burst of protein right before working out in the gym, a protein shake is a very nice option to opt for. Foods often fail to give the complete protein that is required by the body. In those cases, protein shakes step in. Protein shakes are a go-to drink for many people, especially for bodybuilders and athletes.
- Energy/ Protein Bars: Another thing to grab on for a quick snacking is a protein or an energy bar. These come with a good amount of protein to energize you for a tiring workout session. However, ensure that the protein or energy bar that you are snacking on has extremely less fat and fiber amount and a good amount of carbs.
Post Workout Diet Plan for Weight Loss
If having breakfast is the most important meal of the day, then consider providing your body with healthy nutrients after a workout session is just as important. Here are some of the foods and drinks that you can include in your post workout diet plan.
- Eggs: Your body searches for some protein right after a vigorous workout session. Eggs are one of those foods that contain a great amount of protein. Hence, if you are a lover of eggs, just dig into it. The best is to have some boiled eggs (eat only the white part leaving the yellow part for more benefits). You can also go for scrambles or omelets.
- Tasty power smoothie: Diet for losing weight aren’t just healthy but tasty too. You just have to know how to make it tasty. One of the tastiest things that you can turn to after a gym session is a lip-smacking smoothie. Add some peanut butter, yogurt, or milk and ice together to sip on after sweating it out. The correct smoothie can be a powerhouse of vital nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
- Fruits: Some fresh fruits like apple and bananas are a great of nutrients to binge on after a workout routine. These fruits help to re-energize your body keeping it away from all sorts of muscle and nerve cramps. Fruits have a lot of valuable nutrients that help to replenish your body. Some of the nutrients that fruits contain are potassium, calcium, iron, vitamins, and various anti-oxidants. Grapefruit, dates, and berries are some other fruits that you can choose to include in your post workout diet plan.
- Protein shake: If you are looking forward to filling up your body with a burst of protein then a protein shake is about the right thing to have. Protein shake contains a lot of proteins. It is therefore preferred by many bodybuilders and other fitness freaks. It is taken even by the ones who want to lose weight. However, having protein shakes, especially the ones that can be directly bought might not suit everyone. Hence, the best thing to do before having protein shakes is to either consult a doctor or a professional trainer.
On the other hand, if you do not want to buy store protein powders and convert it to shakes, you can also opt for having a self-made protein shake.
Workout Diet Tips for Building Muscular Body
Eating the right food before and also after a perfect workout is extremely essential in achieving your desired goal. Lots of people are however completely unaware of this. Without a proper diet plan, no matter how good you work it out in the gym, getting the desired outcome would demand a lot of time.
Along with the different diet plans and foods that we have mentioned in the above section of this article, here are some additional tips. Tips that you must follow to boost your journey towards reaching your desired figure or physique.
Include drinking a lot of water throughout the day:
In case you are not aware of this fact yet, our human body is made of 70% of water. Hence, by this, you might get an insight into how important staying hydrated is. One of the main things to focus on when a person is investing time in the gym or even when they are not is to keep themselves extremely well hydrated.
Drink plenty of water as a part of your post workout diet plan and pre workout diet plan therefore remains a must. Drinking plenty of water helps to release the toxins from the body. Additionally, it also helps to free or loosen the muscles in a way that it does not get cramps when working out. It would also help to keep you energetic throughout the day.
But the next question that you would ask is how to know that your body is getting the amount of water it needs. The best way to ensure this is to keep a watch on the color of the urine right in the morning. The lighter the color of the urine, the more the body is getting its required amount of water.
Get to know the best time to grab your pre-workout snack
The perfect time to grab on a snack before working out is extremely difficult to say. This depends largely on how your body functions. But the real question that now arises is how to figure that perfect time out. The best time to grab on a pre workout snack is when you have had your meal but it is not used up yet by the body. However, it is also completely digested by the body.
Mostly the ideal time for most people is somewhere between a span of 30 minutes to around 2 hours before a nice workout session. Grab the pre workout snack initially at different times during this timeframe to understand the best time you should eat it.
Final Take Away
There are a couple of things that aid a perfect weight loss or muscle gain plan. A lot of people are either unaware or are completely ignorant of the fact that the body needs a certain amount of nutrients that help boost the way it functions.
The moment you enter the gym, the professional trainer wouldn’t just draw a sketch of your workout routine but also your post workout diet plan, pre workout diet plan, and protein diet plan. The way to achieve a desired figure or physique is a 40% workout and sweating it out in the gym and 60% what you consume.
Hence, following a proper diet, sketched specifically for your body is a must.
Latest posts by Neelanjana Bhattacherya (see all)
- Post Workout Protein Diet Plan – Best Weight Gain Diet Plan - June 21, 2021
- Covid Vaccination, Covid Treatment and Covid Mutation FAQ - May 21, 2021
- The Sound Om and Gayatri Mantra Benefits and Meaning - February 1, 2021