- The Ultimate Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin: Tips and Product Recommendations
- Recovery Techniques for Athletes: Optimizing Rest for Improved Performance
- An Essential Guide To Revamping Your Diet And Eating Habits
- The Science Behind Heated Tobacco Sticks: Understanding the Benefits and Risks
- The Secrets to Ageless Beauty: Unveiling the World of Facial Enhancements
Last Updated on September 30th, 2020
Do you know what Rudra Mudra is all about?
You will find various types of mudras in Yogic Science, and each Mudra has its own benefits. Your body consists of five elements which are :- Agni, Jal, Akasha, Prithvi, Vayu. Your mind would get affected when even one element is disturbed. Practice different Yoga Postures to balance out different elements of Mudra.
While practicing Yoga, don’t miss to practice mudra’s, for developing a connection with your brain patterns which is affecting the reflexes in your body. Mudra helps to balance your internal energies for influencing your sensory organs.
You can have personal growth with the help of Yoga Mudra and you have to practice it with your hands rather than involving your other body parts. It is the best part of Yoga Mudras where no other physical activities are involved.
Well, Rudra Mudra is one of the easiest Mudras which is offering multiple health benefits.
Let’s understand what Rudra Mudra is, how to do it, and health benefits.
However, Rudra Mudra is another name of Lord Shiva and it is a Yoga hand position where you have to join the tips of your ring finger, thumb finger, and index finger. When you are holding your hands in the position of Rudra Mudra, it provides a lot of energy to the body and consists the power of healing. Basically, it activates your energy in Manipura Chakra, which is the centre of one’s digestive system. It strengthens the bone and muscles which is useful in increasing the height.
How Does Rudra Mudra Work?
We need to control our mind and get it centered on our soul for avoiding anxious mental state and the power of our soul is connected with the different elements of Mudra.
Steps to Perform Rudra Mudra
This Yoga Mudra involves the movement of your fingertips. Basically, Rudra Mudra involves the use of the ring, index, and thumb finger. You have to touch the tip of the ring finger, index finger with the tip of the thumb finger.
Follow Certain Steps to do this Mudra:
- Sit in a comfortable Yoga Asana like Vajrayana, Padmasana, or Swastikasana. You can practise it while standing also if you are not comfortable with sitting posture.
- You have to place your hands on your thigh and put the palms facing the ceiling.
- Calm your mind and close your eyes. Take a deep breath and focus on the – in and out movement of your breath. This process would generate awareness to keep track of your breathing methodology.
- Now you have to fold your index and ring finger to touch the tips of your thumb finger.
- Extend the other two fingers as much as possible.
- Practice this mudra with both of your hands.
- Put your hands on upper thighs without disturbing the posture.
- Keep chanting “Ram” or “Om” for better concentration.
- Perform this gesture and then slowly release the fingers from their mutual contact within a stipulated time period.
Ideal Time for Rudra Mudra
It is better to practice Rudra Mudra in the morning as you can concentrate better after getting up and your mind would be fresh and energetic to absorb the power of this Mudra.
Ideally Rudra Mudra should be practiced for more than 20 minutes every day. But for convenience sake it can be segregated into six parts consisting of 5 minutes of practice.
Meanwhile, you can perform this Mudra while sitting, standing or lying on the bed. People who wake up late, they can do it at any particular duration according to their convenience.
Practicing this Mudra everyday without fail can give effective results.
Advantages of Rudra Mudra
Rudra Mudra consists of physical and spiritual benefits. It augments the fire element in our body and has a profound effect on the soul, mind, and body.
Rudra Mudra encourages the development of Manipura Chakra or Solar Plexus.
The Solar Plexus is the middle of fire and vitality in our body. The contact of thumb finger with other two fingers regulates the flow of energy and encourages the root of chakra in this Yoga Mudra.
- Achieves self-confidence and will power
- Improves concentration level
- Prevents eating disorder and bad food addictions
- Said to increase you living life span
- Reduces Dullness and relieves dizziness
Rudra Mudra increases the energy level and reduces the dizziness and dullness in your body. While practicing Rudra Mudra, the earth element in the body gets increased, protects your body from illness and makes you energetic.
- Protects from stomach problems
This Yoga Mudra protects your body from stomach issues and improvises the digestive system. This Mudra prevents stomach disorder, vomiting, diabetes nausea and high cholesterol.
- Reduces Blood Pressure
After performing Rudra Mudra, the flow of energies clears the blockage of veins, increases the blood circulation, and makes the blood pressure normal.
- Controls Obesity
Heat is produced inside the body while practicing Rudra Mudra and helps to remove the burning fat and impurities from the body. This Mudra helps to reduce extra fat in the body.
Other benefits include:
- Improve eyesight
- Enhances appetite
- Helps to gain Self-control
- Awakens Intuition
Take Proper Precautions
You need to follow certain precautions for effective results:
- Try to keep your spine straight while practicing this Mudra for proper flow of Prana.
- Avoid wearing uncomfortable clothes otherwise, you would be unable to concentrate.
- Touch your fingers gently.
- Select a quiet place while performing this Mudra for better concentration.
- Keep your body in a free motion while practicing this Mudra.
Rudra Mudra is easy to practice and provides multiple health benefits like reducing the percentage of body fat. This Mudra offers a better remedy for digestive disorders, balances the stomach functions, and increases appetite. Besides this, you can improve blood circulation and cure your low blood pressure.
But every good thing comes when we accept and follow things dedicatedly.
Lastly, Follow the below rule always.
Stay Fit, Stay Healthy!
- 5 Yoga Poses for Irregular Periods, Menstrual Cycle Problems - September 5, 2020
- 9 Best And Effective Yoga Poses To Increase Height - August 5, 2020
- Rudra Mudra: How To Do It and It’s Health Benefits - August 5, 2020