Know Irina Shayk
Irina Valeryevna Shaykhlislamova, better known as Irina Shayk or Irina Sheik, is a Russian model born on 6, January 1986. She was born to Volga Tatar Valery Shaykhlislamova, a coal miner, and his wife Olga, a kindergarten music teacher.
She has a sister named Tatiana. While at beauty school, a person from a local modeling agency who was struck by her beauty noticed her. She then participated in and won the ‘Miss Chelyabinsk 2004’ beauty contest. In the year 2007, she became the exclusive contracted face of Intimissimi lingerie and gained international recognition for it.
Ranked at number 8 by models.com for her social media following, she has also appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in the year 2007, being the first Russian model to grace its cover. Some of her other modeling contracts are Guess spring/summer 2009 and Beach Bunny Swimwear 2009. She has worked with Victoria’s Secret catalog, Cesare Paciotti, Morellato, and Lacoste.
In addition to modeling, Irina has also made an acting debut. She played the role of Megara alongside Dwayne Johnson in the 2014 film Hercules. She has also been involved in charity work, including helping a maternity hospital in Yemanzhelinsk, which is her hometown. Irina also worked in raising money on behalf of Pomogi, a Russian charity which provides care to sick children. She was earlier in a relationship with footballer Cristiano Ronaldo until January 2015. Since 2015, she has been in a relationship with actor Bradley Cooper, with whom she has a daughter.
According to the information available online, her vital statistics are given as follows.
- Height: 178 cm or 5 feet and 10 inches
- Weight: 55 kg or 121 pounds
- Build: Slim
- Measurements: 35-23-35 inches or 89-58.5-89 cm
- Dress size: 4 (US) or 34 (EU)
- Shoe size: 7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
Irina maintains these figures by following a workout plan and a disciplined diet plan.
Irina believes in working out in the gym and likes maintaining a healthy attitude towards both workout and diet. Her workout routine, based on the information provided online is outlined here. Her beliefs regarding workout that she follows include the following.
- Irina spends time in the gym because of the ‘feel good’ factor and because it gives her a well-toned figure.
- She believes in discipline and in avoiding laziness to keep that taut shape because it is important to take care of one’s body. According to her, she is tough as steel and is not weary of pushing herself to work out five times a week.
- Irina believes that it is important to strike a balance between our workout pattern and diet. She likes to eat what she likes and then sweat it out in the gym, something that saves from food cravings.
- She avoids muscle building exercises because they make the body muscular. This includes heavy workouts such as lunges, kettle ball, exercises with weights greater than five pounds, jumps etc.
Her workout includes the following daily exercises.
- Warming up before exercising, which includes jogging for fifteen minutes in the beginning.
- Cardio sessions are carried out for more than an hour after that with an interval of thirty minutes. These are a great way of burning fat.
- Exercise such as cycling, running, and boxing is carried out.
- She does exercises that help maintain a flat tummy.
- She also uses a combination of boxing and Pilates.
According to Irina, it is also important to relax and overtraining is harmful. She carries her exercising equipment while traveling and also works out before a shoot.
Irina Shayk’s diet plan is elaborated upon here.
- She does not believe in dieting and also occasionally consumes cakes, ice creams, and pizzas.
- She consumes large quantities of water in order to keep her hair and skin in a good condition and to prevent her skin from drying up.
- Irina’s favorite meal is pelmeni.
- She does not eat restaurant food and often goes to the local market to get things for cooking.
- According to her, eating healthy is the key.
- She never overeats but also does not believe in starving herself.
- She also consumes whole fruits and vegetables, skimmed milk, bread that are high in fiber, and clear soups.
- Another thing that helps her maintain beautiful skin is citrus juices, which are a great source of vitamin C.
Irina says she received her good looks from her father and her light eyes from her mother but also accepts that genes alone were not enough for making it to the coveted cover pages of magazines. Her disciplined workout, hard work, and strong personality have helped her achieve great heights in her career as a model.
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- What Is the Difference between Coconut Oil and Mct Oil? - September 28, 2019
- What Are The First Signs Of Prostate Problems? - September 22, 2019
- Simple Ways to Improve the Mental Health of Your Employees - September 21, 2019