- How to Reduce the Negative Effect of Coffee on Your Teeth
- 10 Best Pulmonologists in Kolkata | Lungs Specialist in Kolkata
- 5 Celebrities Who Studied Medicine Before Becoming Famous
- 10 Best Indian Yoga Centers and Wellness Retreat | Supercharge Your Creative Energies
- 10 Effective Solutions to Reduce Hair Loss – Natural Ways to Save Hair
The world has been witnessing a rapid increase in the new strain of the COVID-19 virus, first found in the UK. Along with the spread of the Coronavirus, the side effects of the disease and its treatment have been spreading rapidly across the globe. Super Gonorrhea has been witnessing a rise in the number of its cases owing to the overuse of antibiotics and other drugs during the recent pandemic. COVID-19 drug effects may even lead to the disease becoming incurable.
What is Super Gonorrhea?
Gonorrhea is a bacterial condition that can affect both males and females, and is caused by a sexually transmitted bacterium. It is also known by the name ‘clap’. It spreads through the bacteria, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, also called gonococcus, that is often found in vaginal fluid and penis discharge. The disease spreads through oral, vaginal or anal sex, or by contaminated fingers that have come in the contact of this bacteria.
‘Super Gonorrhea’ refers to the more severe strains of the infection that have gained resistance to the commonly prescribed medicines for gonorrhea. This strained form of infection does not respond to first line medicinal treatments available. This makes it rather dangerous and particularly uncomfortable. It is in fact,listed as one of the world’s most dangerous superbugs by the World Health Organization. As per the United States Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the country has seen a 63 percent increase in the cases of Gonorrhea since 2014.
What Are the Effects?
Experts have now shared that the overuse of antibiotics could make the infection untreatable. The world has been at the face of one of the greatest pandemics of all times. COVID-19 has left everyone across the globe trying to find the right treatment and solution for the problem at hand. With the growing number of cases, the usage of antibiotics and other drugs is at an all time high. But what are the adverse effects?
As per the World Health Organization, with the overuse of drugs, super gonorrhea may develop drug resistance to drugs like azithromycin, ceftriaxone, penicillin, sulphonamides, tetracycline, fluoroquinolones, and macrolides. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has also cautioned that it might facilitate the transmission of Human Immuno-defficiency Virus (HIV). This means that we will be at the hand of another condition, another effect of COVID-19, that is spreading like wildfire, that might not even be treatable.
What Are The Risks Involved?
- Reproductive Implications – There are multiple medical, reproductive implications of super gonorrhea that must be prevented by preventing the spread of gonorrhea.
1. Transmission of Human Immuno-defficiency Virus (HIV) – Super Gonorrhea leads to fivefold increase in the spread of HIV. This in itself is a major risk factor and a serious condition in itself.
2. Infertility – Super Gonorrhea can also lead to permanent infertility.
3. Inflammation and Pain – Another major implication of gonorrhea can be inflammation and chronic, lower abdominal pain, especially in case of women.
4. Abortion – This is very common in the first trimester of pregnency in super gonorrhea patients.
5. Maternal Death – super Gonorrhea can cause maternal death and ectopic pregnancy,
6. Blindness – Blindness can be caused by Super Gonorrhea because of severe neonatal eye allergies and infections.
- Financial Implications – The long term treatment required for Super Gonorrhea can have serious financial implications for individuals suffering from the disease.
- Disease Spread – Resistance in the bacteria causing Gonorrhea is usually followed by rapid outbreak of the disease which can even lead to epidemics.
It is very crucial to prevent the rise and spread of Super Gonorrhea. This means that medicinal treatment needs to be done cautiously, keeping in mind the side effects caused by overuse. Until there is an appropriate treatment available for both, COVID-19 and Super Gonorrhea, it is best to stay cautious and prevent the spread of both the diseases.
Latest posts by Manya Sikka (see all)
- New Workout Technique : Pilates Workout and Fitness - December 14, 2021
- 10 Best Whey Protein Powder for Men, Workout Protein Diet - September 9, 2021
- 10 Best Creatine Supplements for Muscle Mass and Strength - September 1, 2021