Last Updated on August 5th, 2017
There are so many sayings on good health that every one of us is well aware of its importance. “Health is wealth”; “In healthy body lives a healthy mind”; “precaution is better than cure”, and many more. But, despite of the popularity of these phrases and idioms throughout the world, there has been a tremendous increase in health issues faced by people.
One of the most common topics discussed these days in gatherings is ill health. Leading a healthy life has become more of a challenge now. I have seen many people elaborating their illness as the most chronic disease on earth, but when I observed them keenly for some time it was clear that their disease was more of a result of poor lifestyle, unhygienic habits & a negative attitude towards own body and physique.
Many of us do not know how to stay healthy, while some of us don’t follow healthy practices even after knowing. For those, who knows the secret and still do not follow it, all I can say is that they need to get out of their laziness and start working on it because otherwise you would never know how joyful your life can be if you are in perfect health. And for those who do not know the secret, please read further:
- Respect Time: Every creature on this earth is programmed in a certain way, so is human. We have a thing in us called biological clock. It pushes us to sleep, wake up, eat, excrete, drink, etc at some particular point of time in a day. But what we do is ignore this clock. Because we are so busy in our life that we stop living it. I am not saying that one should ignore everything else and keep concentrating on this tik-tok. All we need to do is assign time to everything according to our biological clock and work accordingly. One thing that is worth mentioning here is that every person may have different clock depending upon the type of system he/she posses. Ayurved divides body types into nature:
- Pitta &
Every body type has different requirements. One must listen to its body, understand it and then act accordingly. Apart from this, one should be disciplined in his/her work and should avoid procrastination. Timely completion of work saves you from a lot of mental pressure and hence improves your mental health.
- Eat for your soul not for your tongue: Again, I will say listen to your body. And feed it with what it demands. Our eating habits should depend on three things:
- Place where we live
- Our body type
And the best part about it is that our body demands food depending on these three conditions only. But we go with our tongue. Let me clear it with an example. It feels like to eat something fried when it’s raining and there is nothing wrong with that. But to have fried food in summers is not at all a good idea. A person with the nature of Kapha should lessen the usage of dairy products while a person with pitta nature should prefer dairy products. Similarly, the country in which you live also plays an important role in deciding your diet. For a balanced diet, one needs to understand the difference between cravings from of our taste buds and demands from our soul.
- Your Body is neither Flower nor Iron: Unhealthy people can be divided into two categories in this point: One who treats their body as flower and other who treats it as iron. The first category of people is very delicate. They highly pamper their body and restrict themselves from doing any hard work which needs strength and power. On the other hand, another category of people use their body very roughly. They have the tendency to exploit their body and pull out even the last bit of energy from it. Both the conditions are extreme. In order to be healthy one needs to be balanced. Do hard work, use your energy but do not exceed the limits.
- Enjoy exercising throughout the day: Yes, you read it correct, “throughout the day”. Now, I won’t contradict the last point written by me with this point. What I mean is that exercising should not be a part of your lifestyle. It should rather be your lifestyle. Maintaining a correct posture while sitting or standing or sleeping or walking or doing any damn activity is must. To be aware of your posture throughout the day and correcting it every now and then is not less of an exercise. People who need to sit continuously in their job shall put this point into practice. They should take a walk whenever possible and should do small stretching exercises at least twice a day. People who have more of a physical work to do on daily basis should keep a check on the way they are doing it. Activities including weight lifting or restless body movement should be done carefully otherwise it can lead to cramps or muscular pain. And such activities should also be followed by stretching exercises. Computer based jobs are considered to be a major reason behind evolution of many health issues. Giving rest to your eyes at regular intervals, keeping correct sitting posture and maintaining proper distance from the computer screen can help you to keep those problems away.
- Keep Mental & Physical Hygiene: Clean body and beautiful mind implies healthier you. Take bath and unload your intestines daily, wear clean clothes and keep your surroundings clean is all you need to do for physical hygiene. You can easily recall all the lessons that you had in your primary school for personal hygiene (wash hands before you eat, eat fresh food, drink clean water and maintain cleanliness in every possible way). But what about mental hygiene, which is equally important.
- Practice yoga and meditation. It will help you to clean your thoughts. Meditation can be practiced at any hour of the day. All you need is a soothing environment and a calm mind.
- Whatever may be the circumstances, be positive. The positivity should not be limited to your welfare only. You need to think positively for others as well. When people will get positive vibes from you, you will get the same from them and this will lead to an unknown state of happiness.
- Read and listen. Don’t only read or listen, but also try to grab the moral out of it. It will increase your knowledge in some or the other way. And this knowledge will bring you a sense of enjoyment & happiness from within. And believe me, happiness and health walk together.
Now without any delay start following these important tips in your daily life and see the difference coming. Sometimes all it takes is the first step to be successful and healthy, rest will happen with the momentum itself.
We will share with you some more such healthy tips here. So stay connected with us. You can connect with us on facebook, twitter or instagram.
If you really like the article above, do not forget to share it with others. You can also like our facebook page.
Now it is your turn:- Share you views and opinions with us. Tell us what you think about healthy lifestyle and how you think you will achieve that healthy lifestyle. You can use the below comment section for sharing your thoughts.
Read Healthy to Stay Healthy
Professionally I am a Chartered Accountant and live in Indore. I love writing and takes great pleasure in helping people with health issues.
Latest posts by Akanksha Chhaperwal (see all)
- How to Grow Longer Hair Faster, Best Ways for Long Hair - July 27, 2016
- 5 Best Ways to Improve Eyesight Naturally at Home - December 18, 2016
- Natural Ways To Get White Shining Teeth ; Get Strong Teeth - November 21, 2016