A neurologist is a doctor who specializes in the treatment of brain nerves and the complete nervous system of the body with any type of illnesses and problems. A neurologist should be consulted if a person’s senses, such as touch, vision, or smell, are affected. Nervous system disorders can sometimes produce sensory problems. Neurologists are highly trained physicians who use a complete history and physical examination to diagnose complicated problems, including mental state, vision, speech, strength, sensation, coordination, reflexes, and gait. We are here to tell you about the top 10 best neurologist in Mumbai. Neurological testing includes Lumbar puncture, Electroencephalogram (EEG), Electromyography and nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS).
If you have symptoms that indicate a neurological disorder, your primary care doctor may send you to a neurologist, symptoms may include:
- headaches that are frequent or severe
- muscle loss
- partial or full paralysis due to a loss of coordination
- Senses of touch, vision, smell, and taste are all affected by sensory alterations.
What Procedure he usually follows ?
Here’s what to expect if your primary care physician recommends you to a Neurologist. A Neurologist will most likely ask you to engage in a common physical assessment tests and some neurological evaluations during your initial consultation. Various things like Muscle strength, reflexes, sensitivity, and coordination are all measured during neurological exams. You may also be required to undertake some further tests due to the neurological system’s intricacy.
List of the 10 Best Neurologist in Mumbai
1) Dr. Mohit Bhatt
DM, MD, MBBS
32 years of experience
Deep Brain Stimulation
- Dr. Bhatt earned his MBBS from the prestigious Grant Medical College and Sir J J Group of Hospitals in Mumbai, and then went on to earn his MD in General Medicine and Dm in Neurology from the prestigious University of Bombay in Mumbai. Later, he completed a fellowship at London’s famed National Hospital for Nervous Diseases, Queens Square.
- Deep Brain Stimulation, Movement Disorders, Wilson’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Brain Iron Disorders, Neurogenetic illnesses, dystonia, tics, tremor, and myoclonus are among his areas of expertise. He is one of the best neurologist in Mumbai and has received really good reviews from patients across the country
- He is frequently invited to lecture about deep brain stimulation at scientific meetings, CMEs, and international conferences. Dr Bhatt is a member of various medical organisations. He is member of the Movement Disorder Society, the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation of India, the Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN).
- He is currently serving at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai
2. Dr. Pravina Shah
DM, MD, MBBS
45 years of experience
Deep Brain Stimulation
Canalith Repositioning (CR)
Brain Tumor Surgery
- Dr. Shah earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, respectively. She is a member of the Indian Medical Council (MCI). She is one of the best neurologist in Mumbai and the most recommended neurosurgeon.
- Deep Brain Stimulation, Lumbar Puncture, Canalith Repositioning (CR), Gamma-Knife Radiosurgery, Brain Tumor Surgery, Vagus Nerve Stimulation (Epilepsy), Epilepsy surgery, Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT), Vascular Surgery, Insomnia Treatment, Neuromuscular Disorders, ADHD Treatment, and Video EEG are among her areas of expertise.
- She is currently serving at Fortis Hospital in Mumbai’s Mulund area.
3. Dr. Dhanashri Chonkar
MBBS, DNB – Neurology
34 Years’ Experience Overall (11 years as specialist)
- Dr. Dhanashri Chonkar works at Fortis Hospital in Mumbai’s Mulund West neighborhood. She earned her MBBS from LTMC in Mumbai in 1987 and her DNB – Neurology from the National Board of Examinations in Delhi in 2010.
- Deep Brain Stimulation, Spinal Cord Stimulation (Paddle Lead), Gamma-Knife Radiosurgery, Cerebrospinal Fluid Shunt, and Cerebrovascular Surgery are some of the services offered by the doctor.
- She is currently serving in Aditi Hospital, Mumbai.
4. Dr. Pankaj Ashok Agarwal
MBBS, MD – General Medicine
DM – Neurology
DNB – General Medicine
24 Years’ Experience Overall (14 years as a specialist)
- Dr. Pankaj Ashok Agarwal is a Neurologist and Movement Disorders, Specialist. He is known to be one of the best neurologist in Mumbai.
- Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, deep brain stimulation, and botulinum toxin injection for dystonia, spasticity, and other conditions are among his special interests.
- He has extensive experience and skill in the medical, surgical, and post-operative management of patients undergoing Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery to improve the quality of life of patients with Parkinson’s disease, tremor, and dystonia.
- He is currently serving at Global Hospital, Mumbai.
5. Dr. Shirish Hastak
MBBS, MD- Internal Medicine, DM- Neurology
39 years of experience
- Dr. Shirish M Hastak is currently the Director of Neurology Department at Wockhardt Hospital in Mumbai. With over 40 years of expertise, he is regarded as one of the best neurologist in Mumbai. He is also an active member of the MMC – ‘Maharashtra Medical Council’.
- Neuromuscular Disorders, Neurological Dysfunction, Vagus Nerve Stimulation, Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement, and CSF Rhinorrhea Repair Surgery are among his specialties in the field of medicine.
- He is currently serving at Global Hospital in Mumbai’s Parel neighborhood.
6. Dr. Sushil Tandel
22 years of experience
- He completed his MBBS from Seth Medical College, Mumbai and then went on to earn his MD in Internal Medicine and DM in Neurology from the prestigious Institute of Neurology in London. He is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Dr Sushil treats neurotrauma, interventions, epilepsy, Migraine, Headaches, Unilateral pain, Lumbar puncture, and electroencephalography cases with ease. He’s known to be the best neurologist in Mumbai and is very helpful towards his patients.
- He is currently serving at Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai.
7. Dr. Ramesh Patankar
MBBS, MD, DM
36 years of experience
- He did his MBBS from Marathwada University in 1985, DM from Bombay Hospital in 1993 and MD from Aurangabad University in 1988
- Pituitary diseases, neurologic dysfunction, neuromuscular disorders dementia treatment, epilepsy surgery, and other conditions are among his specialties. He is considered the best neurologist in Mumbai’s Mahim locality.
- He is currently serving at S.L.Raheja Hospital, Mumbai.
8. Dr. Pawan Ojha
MBBS, DM, DNB.
17 years of experience
Acquired Loss of Brain Function
Sleep & Movement Disorders
- He earned his MBBS from the University of Mumbai in 1993, followed by a DM from the University of Mumbai’s Grant Medical College in 2002, and finally a DNB (Neurology) from the National Board of Examination.
- Dr Ojha is also the Treasurer of the Maharashtra Association of Neurology and the founder and director of the Association of Neurological Clinical Research, India. He has become one of the top and best neurologist in Mumbai in a very short span of time and his patients have nothing but positive things to say about his treatment.
- His area of expertise includes treating problems of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, muscle, and pain in a comprehensive manner.
- He is currently serving at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Mumbai.
9. Dr. Neeraj Jain
MBBS, MD, DM
18 years of experience
- He earned his MBBS and MD – Internal Medicine degrees from M.G.M. Medical College and M.Y. Hospital in Indore, as well as a DM – Neurology degree from the University of Mumbai. He is known to be one of the top and best neurologist in Mumbai.
- Epilepsy, Stroke, Headache Management, Dementia, Hypertension, Migraine Treatment, Paralysis, Spondylosis, Vertigo, Movement Disorders, and other conditions are among his specialties.
- He is currently serving at Apollo Hospital, Mumbai.
10. Dr. Annu Aggarwal
MRCP, DNB, MD, MBBS.
15 years of experience
Corticobasal Syndrome (CBS)
Diffuse Lewy Body Disease (DLB)
Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Cognitive and Behavioural Neurology is her field of expertise.
- She has devised a novel method for diagnosing and treating Wilson disease. This contains a clinical scale that can be used to measure illness progression and therapy response. Despite the fact that she has less years of experience than others on this list, she is considered the best neurologist in Mumbai and serves at a very prestigious and welfare hospital.
- Dr Annu specialises in treating neurological illnesses caused by liver failure and brain iron accumulation. She primarily deals with cases of brain and nervous system disorders, which can be inherited or come from brain injuries, infections, or degeneration.
- She is currently serving at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital,Mumbai.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the main difference between Neurologist & neurosurgeon?
A. Patients with nervous system disorders are treated by both neurologists and neurosurgeons. Neurosurgeons, on the other hand, operate surgically, while neurologists do not. You can refer our article to find the best neurologist in Mumbai, India.
Q. When is it advisable to see a neurologist?
A. If you have dizziness, frequent headaches, migraines, or problems with vision, memory, gait, or movement, you should see a neurologist.
Q. What illnesses do neurologists deal with?
A. Headaches, epilepsy, tremors, sleep disturbances, Alzheimer’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and Parkinson’s disease are just a few of the conditions that neurologists treat.
Q. Which tests/investigations does a neurologist usually perform?
A. The motor and sensory skills, hearing, speaking, vision, coordination, and balance are all assessed during a neurological examination. It may also use equipment like a tuning fork, flashlight, reflex hammer, and an eye examination tool to assess mental status, mood, and behaviour.
Q. Is it possible for stress to induce neurological problems?
A. Stress is defined as both physiological and psychological stress, and it has recently been discovered that psychological stress can cause mental or neurological diseases.
Neurologists are doctors that specialize in evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and treating disorders that affect the neurological system. If you’re experiencing symptoms that could be caused by a neurological disorder, such as pain, memory loss, balance problems, or tremors, your doctor may recommend you to a neurologist. To assist diagnose your illness, a neurologist can request specialist tests. You can begin receiving the care you require once you have received the correct diagnosis. Keep your health in check and make sure to get a full-body health checkup done to be aware of any illness or conditions you may be suffering from. Use our guide to know about the best neurologist in Mumbai.
Latest posts by Jhanavi Suresh (see all)
- What is Intimate Wash and Intimate Hygiene and Why is It Required? - May 29, 2022
- Top 10 Best Gynecologist in Faridabad | List of Gynaecologists - January 21, 2022
- Top 10 Best Neurologist in Mumbai | List of Neurosurgeons in Mumbai - January 13, 2022