- 5 Reasons Sustanon Enanthate Stands Out in the World of Anabolic Steroids
- Getting to Know the Significance of Research Chemicals in Today's Modern World
- Insightful Read-Know How To Unlock Your Passion with the Help of Medicines For Strong Erection
- The Dos And Don'ts Of Maximizing The Benefits Of Protein Bars For Muscle Growth
- The Ultimate Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin: Tips and Product Recommendations
Lord Ganesha is known as a deity who removes obstacles. He is also fondly called Vighnaharta which means a destroyer of problems. Named after him, the Ganesha Mudra is a Yoga Asana that you must perform every day to lift your spirits, and deep dive within yourself for strength and courage to resolve any problem in your life.
Now that we know what Ganesha Mudra is, let us understand how you can perform the Asana and why you should do it.
A YOGA ASANA FOR EVERYONE
Ganesha Mudra Benefits
- Relieves Stress & Tension
- Relieves stress from Shoulders and Chest
- Extremely useful for cardiac muscles, chest muscles and arms
- Boosts Confidence
- Improves metabolism and digestion
- Energizes your body
- Increased Capacity of Lungs & Chest
Ganesha Mudra is believed to be associated with elements of fire in the body leading to improvement in digestion. It also leads to the opening of the Anahata Chakra releasing stress and tension. This leads to a relaxed state of mind and easing out of depression. Along with this, this mudra is also very beneficial for improving blood circulation and opening of bronchial tubes.
The mudra not only releases stress from your mind, but also from your chest, shoulders and arms while also strengthening cardiac muscles. It relieves neck pain and strengthens upper body. The practice of inhalation and exhalation also leads to an increased capacity of lungs and chest, clearing toxicity in the passage. Thus, this is a great mudra for asthmatic patients as well. And finally, this mudra fills you with energy and cheerfulness. It is therefore extremely useful for people suffering from ailments like cholesterol, depression, weakness of heart and more.
How to Perform Ganesha Mudra Asana?
- Be seated in Padma Asana or the Lotus Pose & form Anjali mudra with your hands. In this, fold your hands opposite to your chest with your elbows bent below.
- Bend your elbows out to either side and take your left palm in front of your chest, the palm facing away from you, such that your thumb is pointing downward.
- With your right thumb pointing upward, place your right hand in front of your left hand, palm facing toward your chest.
- Now bend your fingers, to hook them with one another. Your fingers should be in a claw position.
- Inhale deeply, and exhale slowly while trying to pull your arms apart, while your fingers are still hooked.
- Inhale once more and then relax. Repeat this pattern for at least 5 more times, and then slowly move toward increasing the frequency.
- Repeat the same mudra with a change of hands, your left hand in front of the right one. This time, your right thumb should be pointing downward while your left thumb should be pointing upward. Now inhale, and slowly begin to exhale, stretching your arms apart and keeping your fingers in the clawed position. Inhale once again and then relax. Continue doing this for 5 more times.
Things To Remember
- Do not clench your fingers too hard, to prevent any injury.
- It is important to keep your mind at peace and instill positivity within yourself to get the best results.
- Ensure that you are sitting upright.
- Do not injure your neck or shoulders by putting too much strain during exhalation.
- To get best results, you should perform the Ganesha Mudra on an empty stomach.
- Try to maintain peace and silence for a few seconds even after completing the entire process. This will bring you mental relaxation and calmness.
With the Ganesha Mudra, you can also chant any mind soothing mantra that you believe in. This will give power to your throat chakra as well. One can also practice affirmation while doing the mudra. By affirmation, we are referring to repetition of a positive thought in a cyclic pattern. You can use the following affirmations or one of your own, to gain mental calmness and positivity.
- I am healthy and happy.
- Yes, I am feeling positive and loved.
- I am full of happiness, energy, and gratitude.
- Yes, I am contented.
Why Perform Yoga?
In case you are still wondering why perform yoga in the first place, we would like to ensure that you know of the unmatched benefits of performing yoga asanas. Apart from ensuring general well-being, yoga is known to cure several ailments associated with brain functioning, heart blockage, pain and inflammation, mental health issues like stress, anxiety and depression. Yoga also instills activeness in your body, strengthens the muscles and energizes your body with power and positivity.
The Ganesha Mudra, which is an easy to do, and relaxing type of Yoga, can also be combined with Pranayama and meditation. The enormous benefits of Ganesha Mudra include, though are not limited to, improved blood circulation, better heart function, relaxation of mind and body, releasing stress, tension and improving depression symptoms, strengthening of muscles, better breathing patterns, improvement in digestion and filling one with love, empathy, compassion, happiness and greater spirits. Therefore, one should not wait anymore before performing this calming Ganesha Mudra that is sure to bring positivity and courage within you, to fight any obstacle.
- New Workout Technique : Pilates Workout and Fitness - December 14, 2021
- Rana Daggubati Workout Routine, Diet & Fitness Regime - September 12, 2020
- 10 Best Whey Protein Powder for Men, Workout Protein Diet - September 9, 2021